Potential F1 champion Lewis Hamilton in midst of race rowNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:26 am ICT by admin
Hamilton, 22, is poised to become the first rookie ever to win the F1 title.
The McLaren driver needs to finish second in Brazil on Sunday to be sure of landing the crown. His biggest rival is his Spanish teammate Fernando Alonso.
Gracia - who will be a guest of McLaren at the race - sparked fury by saying: “It is perfectly normal for a British team and British fans wanting to succeed in F1, but it is ironic that the racists in England are having to rely on a coloured pilot.”
Spanish racists have also posted sick videos and comments about Hamilton on the Internet.
It follows a disgusting outburst by Spanish footie coach Luis Aragones, who caused outrage by calling ex-Arsenal ace Thierry Henry “a monkey”.
Gracia is now certain to be given the cold shoulder by Hamilton when they meet in Brazil.
There is intense rivalry between Hamilton and reigning champ Alonso, who is furious at not getting priority treatment.
According to the Daily mail, Gracia claims his comments were misinterpreted. (ANI)
- Alonso 'blackmailed' McLaren team boss to sabotage Hamilton's car in 2007: Book - Feb 26, 2011
- Red Bull dismisses speculation of Hamilton link-up - Apr 05, 2011
- Alonso re-ignites his rivalry with Lewis Hamilton - Jun 27, 2010
- Hamilton's mission is to stop Alonso - Nov 02, 2010
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- Red Bull will be open to approach from Hamilton in 2012: Horner - Mar 22, 2011
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- McLaren must bounce back in Germany: Prost - Jul 16, 2012
- Hamilton must stay with McLaren for F1 glory: John Watson - Mar 21, 2011
- Hey mom, it's Mr Bean up there! - Oct 29, 2011
- Button fastest in rain-hit German Grand Prix first practice - Jul 20, 2012
- Hamilton re-ignites feud with former teammate Alonso - Jan 11, 2010
- Lewis Hamilton to zoom in Bangalore Sept 27 - Sep 18, 2011
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: arsenal, brazil, brit fans, british fans, cold shoulder, daily mail, f1 title, fernando alonso, footie, gracia, intense rivalry, mclaren driver, misinterpreted, outburst, outrage, perfectly normal, priority treatment, racist country, racists, thierry henry