Posters of Malaysian sex video out in Kuala Lumpur

April 28th, 2011 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS  

Kuala Lumpur, April 28 (IANS) Scenes from a sex video clip, allegedly involving Malaysian politician Anwar Ibrahim, were printed as posters in the capital while a new video was posted on YouTube, prompting the leader’s family to say that it was not him.

Malaysians accessing the internet and blogsphere Thursday found a new sex video clip. Posted for a short while, the video was removed under the website’s policy that forbids depiction of sex and nudity, The Star reported.

The clip is alleged to be part of the sex video that was shown to selected members of the Malaysian media recently.

Some scenes from the latest clip were printed as posters and stacks of them were left at a bus stop in Kuala Lumpur’s Jalan Genting Klang area.

The posters came with captions in Bahasa Malaysia, language of the majority Malay population, the newspaper said.

Anwar’s family reiterated that it was not him in the clip.

Saifuddin Nasution, secretary-general of Anwar’s party, Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR), blamed it on the police for the release of the latest clip.

Police, however, denied the charge.

Police officials said they have got the video clip examined by domestic and foreign forensic experts.

The video was shown to select members of the media last month by two politicians and a businessman, going by the group name “Datuk T”. Datuk is a traditional title similar to the British knight.

When the video clips came out, Anwar Ibrahim denied it was him and accused the government of trying to malign him.

Prime Minister Najib Tun Razzak dismissed the allegation.

One of the three Datuks - Datuk Shazryl Eskay Abdullah - who exposed the sex video, has gave his DNA sample to the police, while another member of the trio, former Malacca state chief minister Abdul Rahim Tamby Chik said he was willing to face legal action.

Anwar, who has been accused of being the man in the video, allegedly with a foreign prostitute, is currently also under trial on charge of sodomising an aide last year.

This is his second trial for sodomy, the first being in 1998 when he was sacked as the deputy prime minister, convicted and jailed.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |

Subscribe