Post New Year’s Day, 7 in 10 Brits claim of plan to lose weightJanuary 2nd, 2011 - 12:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 2(ANI): A new survey has revealed that after the merriment of Christmas and New Year’s Day, seven in 10 Britons claim they have a plan to lose weight.
The research was commissioned by weight-loss company Thinking Slimmer.
Brits spend half as much again on losing the festive flab as they splurge on piling it on with extra food and drink to celebrate Christmas and New Year.
While food and drinks over the holiday period add up to an average 182 pounds per person, they splash another 90 pounds on New Year resolutions to shed the extra weight.
Over the holiday period, socialising at work, meals with friends, neighbours and family mean people get through three large Christmas-style dinners (54 pounds), have four nights out (77 pounds) and attend two parties (16 pounds) as well as consuming extra booze, chocolate and nibbles at home (35 pounds).
“Eating is a habit and many people consume far more than their body needs, which turns into the fat they’re desperate to lose by January,” the Daily Star quoted Sandra Roycroft-Davis, founder of Thinking Slimmer, as saying. (ANI)
- 'Pounds for pounds' scheme encourages obese people to shed flab - Apr 29, 2011
- Lose weight post-pregnancy - but don't rush it - Jun 15, 2012
- Serena Williams' svelte bikini bod heats up chilly Miami sea - Oct 06, 2010
- Consumer Reports rates 'Jenny Craig' as the best weight-loss program - May 11, 2011
- Diet Programs Do Not Reduce Disease Risk, Study Says - Jan 28, 2011
- 'Weight-loss procedures lack standardization and proficiency' - Sep 11, 2012
- Here are 6 tips to kick start weight loss in the New Year - Dec 26, 2010
- Reach your ideal weight by writing what you eat - Dec 26, 2010
- Know your diet personality type to cut your flab - Apr 18, 2011
- Why putting on just 3kgs could get you dumped this season! - Dec 23, 2010
- Flavoured crystals can 'trick' you into losing weight - Nov 08, 2010
- Fat lady seeks government aid for medical bill - Mar 27, 2012
- Weight Watchers revamps popular diet plan - Nov 30, 2010
- Parents can motivate kids into shedding weight - Mar 15, 2012
- Eating time too impacts weight gain, shows study - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: booze, britons, christmas style, daily star, day seven, flab, food and drink, habit, holiday period, london jan, merriment, neighbours, new survey, new year, new year resolutions, nibbles, roycroft, sandra, socialising, splurge