Possible stolen plane lands safely at Colorado Springs AirportMay 11th, 2009 - 9:14 am ICT by admin
Colorado Springs, COLORADO (BNO NEWS) – A possible stolen plane landed safely at Colorado Springs Airport on Sunday afternoon, officials tell BNO News.
The incident involved a twin-engine Cessna 421 aircraft which is capable of carrying up to 10 people. “It was a suspect of being stolen,” said Allen Kenitzer, who is a spokesman for the FAA’s Northwest Mountain Region. It is unclear if the plane was indeed stolen.
The plane took off earlier today from Addison, Texas and was en-route to Colorado Springs, it is unclear why it was reported stolen. The plane touched down at 4.46 p.m. local time and was taken to a secure location on the airport property, the FAA said.
A spokesman for the Colorado Springs Police Department had no information on the incident, other than that the fire department also responded to the incident. A local news station reported that Homeland Security requested officers to intercept the incoming flight, but a spokesman for the agency was still checking on the report.
A spokesman for the Transportation Safety Board, however, said a plane landed at the airport with an apparent medical emergency but he was not certain if this was related to the Cessna 421.
Further information was not immediately available, including the number of people on board.
- Small plane crashes after take-off in South Dakota, killing 4 - Dec 10, 2011
- Five die in Los Angeles-area plane crash - Mar 17, 2011
- Small plane crashes at Long Beach Airport in California - Mar 17, 2011
- No fatalities as small plane crashes into trees near Alaska airport - Mar 16, 2010
- Small plane lands on I-80 near Reno, NV - Feb 23, 2010
- One dead in CHP plane crash near San Diego County-Imperial County border, CA - May 08, 2010
- One dead in Washington plane crash - Oct 09, 2009
- Small plane crashes in southern California, kills one - Jul 28, 2010
- Two killed after small plane crashes near Dayton, OH airport - Apr 02, 2010
- Small plane crashes in Las Vegas, casualties unknown - Sep 06, 2010
- Small plane crash in central California injures Australian pilot - Mar 23, 2010
- Small passenger plane crashes in eastern Canada, killing 4 - Jan 12, 2012
- Small plane lands on southern California freeway, no injuries - Mar 25, 2010
- JetBlue captain goes berserk on flight, subdued by passengers - Mar 29, 2012
- Six hurt after small plane crashes in western New York - Aug 02, 2010
Tags: addison texas, bno, cessna 421 aircraft, colorado springs airport, colorado springs colorado, colorado springs police department, faa, fire department, homeland security, incoming flight, local news station, local time, medical emergency, northwest mountain region, plane lands, spokesman, springs police department, sunday afternoon, transportation safety board, twin engine cessna