Pope Benedict XVI is addicted to Fanta!February 4th, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 4 (ANI): Pope Benedict XVI has been outed as a secret Fanta fan by the Archbishop of York John Sentamu who paid the pontiff a visit at the Vatican.
The Archbishop took the Pope a case of Holy Grail beer, brewed in Yorkshire, as a gift but was offered a glass of Fanta in turn.
Vatican spokesman Father Tim Finigan admitted that Benedict XVI prefers Fanta, and that he goes through at least three to four cans a day.
“The Holy Father shuns booze and tries to convert all his guests to the benefits of pop,” the Daily Record quoted Father Finigan, as saying.
“He prefers Fanta. I’m not really sure why, perhaps because it was originally created in Germany.
“But he goes through at least three or four cans a day and always has it with his evening meal.”
A spokesman for Coca Cola, who produce the Fanta range, admitted that the company was flattered to have the pontiff as a fan of their beverage. However theyve ruled out using the leader of the Catholic church in any ad campaigns.
“We are very flattered to have the Pope as a fan of our beverages,” he said.
“We will send him a few cases to ensure he doesn’t run out. But I don’t think we’ll use him in any ad campaigns.” (ANI)
- Vatican releases Papal book - Nov 24, 2010
- Pope John Paul II To Be Beatified By Vatican On May 1 - Jan 15, 2011
- Hague court asked to prosecute Pope over sex abuse - Sep 14, 2011
- Pope Benedict XVI wraps up his visit to Spain - Aug 22, 2011
- Pope 'truly sorry' for sexual abuse by Irish priests - Mar 20, 2010
- John Paul II beatified (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- India-born archbishop named Vatican's top UN envoy - Jul 17, 2010
- Vatican urges prudence in assessing WikiLeaks documents - Dec 14, 2010
- Sex abuse scandal overshadows Pope's British trip - Sep 14, 2010
- US bishop resigns after saying he fathered two kids - Jan 05, 2012
- Pope signs letter on child abuse cases in Ireland - Mar 19, 2010
- Roman Catholic Church slams film about panic-prone Pope - Apr 20, 2011
- Pope prays for world peace on Christmas - Dec 25, 2011
- Pope blesses worshippers via Twitter - Feb 24, 2012
- Pope can't cook, says brother - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: ad campaigns, archbishop of york, benedict xvi, beverages, booze, cans, catholic church, coca cola, daily record, father tim, holy father, holy grail, john sentamu, london feb, pontiff, pope benedict, pope benedict xvi, vatican, vatican spokesman, yorkshire