Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern votersMarch 2nd, 2011 - 6:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar. 2 (ANI): A new poll shows former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee leading a field of prospective Republican candidates among southern voters.
Huckabee easily led former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, 21.9 percent to 12.9 percent.
Former governors Sarah Palin of Alaska and Mitt Romney of Massachusetts scored 8.7 percent and 6.9 percent, respectively, in the poll of 11 Southern states by Winthrop University of Rock Hill, Southern Carolina, Politico reports.
The margin of error is plus or minus 5.3 percentage points.
South Carolina is likely to have the South’s first presidential contest, in February. (ANI)
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Palin most unfavorable among Obama's potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Romney pips Palin to win survey on 2012 US Presidential polls - Sep 02, 2010
- Ex-Massachusetts Governor Romney's Nevada edge getting smaller - Apr 29, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primary - Oct 01, 2010
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: alaska, arkansas governor, former house speaker newt gingrich, governor huckabee, governor mike huckabee, governors, house speaker newt gingrich, margin of error, mike huckabee, mitt romney, new poll, newt gingrich, percentage points, presidential contest, republican candidates, sarah palin, south carolina, southern states, speaker newt gingrich, winthrop university