Political reconciliation must for fair polls: AzizNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:38 am ICT by admin
The Daily Times quoted him as saying that the government had always encouraged close coordination among all political parties so that a common approach could be developed to strengthen the democratic process.
Aziz further said the elected representatives of the people have an important and critical role to play in order to achieve reconciliation, cooperation and participation by all political parties.
He went on to say that the Federal and Provincial governments were closely cooperating with law enforcing agencies to ensure peaceful polls.
They also discussed the prevailing law and order situation in the country, and the code of conduct to be developed for maintaining it during and after the general elections. (ANI)
- Nawaz Sharif re-elected PML-N president - Jul 27, 2011
- PPP, PML-Q strike power-sharing deal - May 02, 2011
- JUI-F chief offered to mediate between US, Taliban during 2007 India visit: WikiLeaks - Apr 01, 2011
- PML-Q lays out five-point agenda for Pak Govt to resurrect nation's economy - Jan 20, 2011
- Latif Khosa offers cooperation to PML-N through reconciliation process - Jan 15, 2011
- Zardari's chair, not Pakistan's political system in danger: PML-Q - Feb 15, 2010
- Gilani vows to continue policy of reconciliation in Pak - Feb 28, 2011
- Ex-PM Aziz not to join Musharraf's party, says 'politics not for everyone' - Jun 10, 2010
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistan, Saudi Arabia to enhance cooperation - Aug 10, 2011
- PML-Q, PML-N warn US to review drone policy, stop 'foreign intrusion' - Jan 09, 2010
- Call for permanent ban on Facebook in Pak for promoting blasphemy - May 20, 2010
- Iraq Sentences Former Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz To Death - Oct 27, 2010
- PPP gives in to PML-N's charter of demands - Jan 10, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: code of conduct, cooperation, critical role, elected representatives, general elections, law and order, mahmood, mushahid hussain, pakistan muslim league, parliamentary committees, pivotal role, pml, political parties, political reconciliation, polls, provincial governments, sayed, secretary general, senate standing committee