Policeman killed in Chechnya car bombingSeptember 7th, 2012 - 2:53 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 7 (IANS/RIA Novosti) One police officer was killed when a bomb planted under his car detonated in the Chechen capital of Grozny, an official said.
A spokesperson for the regional investigative committee said the officer, a police captain, was killed when the “unidentified explosive device” went off as he was opening the door to his Toyota Carolla.
According to preliminary data, the bomb was equivalent to four kg of TNT. According to specialists, it was remotely detonated, the spokesperson said.
- Terror attack foiled in Russia - Mar 14, 2012
- Two terrorists involved in Moscow airport blast - Jan 25, 2011
- Three bombs defused in Russia's North Caucasus - May 23, 2011
- Six policemen killed in Russia attack - Sep 06, 2012
- Woman suicide bomber held in Russia - Feb 05, 2012
- Emergency landing by Russian plane after bomb threat - Oct 04, 2010
- Boys born on late Chechen president's birthday get cash - Aug 26, 2011
- Two militants killed in Russia - Oct 23, 2010
- Breivik's copycat held in Czech Republic - Aug 19, 2012
- Two car bombs defused in Russia - Sep 30, 2010
- Terror attack averted in Russia's Caucasus region - Jun 07, 2010
- US sends police officer to get data on Moscow blast - Jan 26, 2011
- Russia's Chechnya, Ingushetia involved in land grabbing row - Aug 27, 2012
- Six killed in Russia blast - May 27, 2010
- Female terrorist opened bag triggering Moscow airport blast (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: bomb, car bombing, chechen capital, chechnya, explosive device, investigative committee, kg, moscow, police captain, police officer, policeman, ria novosti, spokesperson, tnt, toyota, toyota carolla