Police suspect ‘inside job’ in Kate photosSeptember 21st, 2012 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 21 (IANS) British police have launched a probe to ascertain how the photographer took his shots of Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and knew exactly where to take the intrusive photos amid suspicions it was an “inside job”.
Police probing the photographer who took the topless pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge are now questioning staff at the French chateau where the couple were staying, Daily Mail reported.
Staff at Chateau D’Autet in southern France, where the Royal couple were holidaying when the pictures were taken, are now being quizzed by police. Detectives want to find out how the photographer knew exactly where to take the intrusive photos.
The news comes after French paparazzo Pascal Rostain said it was an Englishman living in the south of France that staked out the royal couple at the chateau while on their holiday.
The pictures, first published in French Closer magazine, appeared in a Swedish magazine Wednesday and in a Danish magazine Thursday.
A criminal investigation is underway to find and prosecute the photographer - who could face a year in jail and a 36,000 pounds fine.
- After naked Harry, come Kate's topless photos - Sep 14, 2012
- Irish newspaper suspends editor over topless Kate photos - Sep 18, 2012
- How long will paparazzi promise to show restraint on Will-Kat? - May 02, 2011
- William & Kate featured on the cover page of Vanity Fair - Jun 01, 2011
- Kate Middleton supports Prince Harry - Sep 03, 2012
- Catherine to gift her portrait to Price William - Apr 09, 2012
- Will-Kat postponed honeymoon 'weeks ago' following location speculation - May 02, 2011
- Duchess of Cambridge takes up life as wife of an RAF pilot - May 04, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge post wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Brit college girl posts topless pics on website - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,