Police raid nudist beach in Sydney over illegal behaviourFebruary 22nd, 2010 - 3:26 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Feb 22 (ANI): A nudist beach in Sydney, Australia, was recently raided by police following community concerns over illegal behaviour.
When police and National Parks and Wildlife officers arrived at Little Congwong Beach at La Perouse, in Sydney’s south on February 21, they found families with children sunbathing among the 140 people.
About 80 people were completely naked but the children present were fully clothed, reports the Daily Telegraph.
The officers attended the beach, which is not a designated nude sunbathing area, following complaints from the community.
Little Congwong Beach is within viewing distance from Bare Island - a popular destination for tourists and locals.
Police informed nude sunbathers of their illegal behaviour, prompting them to get dressed and leave the area, and when they returned later more nude sunbathers vacated the beach.
Police said legal nude bathing beaches located in the Sydney metropolitan region included Lady Bay Beach at Watsons Bay and Cobblers and Obelisk Beach at Middle Head. (ANI)
- Being nude: Nothing unnatural about it (Feature) - Oct 23, 2011
- List of 10 best places to get naked in 2011 revealed - Feb 11, 2011
- Nudists in California asked to cover up - Oct 23, 2009
- Swiss man fined for nude hiking wins appeal against 'indecent behaviour' - May 29, 2010
- Paris sunbathers face jail for topless act - Aug 02, 2012
- Now, take a 'naturist holiday' with 7-night naked cruise - Oct 15, 2010
- Man with binoculars killed near Ukraine nudist beach - Aug 29, 2012
- Wardens set to patrol Studland's nudist beach after sexual incidents - Jul 02, 2009
- Naked US woman heading to nudist beach rescued from cliff - Mar 25, 2011
- Nudists and swingers fighting it out in France's 'Naked City' - Sep 23, 2010
- Four nudists on London tube leave commuters stunned - May 18, 2010
- Asbury Park To Allow Topless Women On The Beach - Jun 26, 2010
- Spanish gym offers nude exercise sessions to win back business - Apr 27, 2011
- Mirren finds nude beaches comforting - Jun 28, 2011
- Petitioners want another nudist beach in Sydney - Nov 19, 2008
Tags: bathing beaches, beach police, cobblers, community concerns, daily telegraph, illegal behaviour, la perouse, lady bay, metropolitan region, national parks and wildlife, nude bathing, nude sunbathers, nudist beach, obelisk beach, parks and wildlife, police raid, s south, sydney australia, watsons bay, wildlife officers