Police Questions Missing Girl Zahra Clare Baker’s StepmomOctober 11th, 2010 - 8:26 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Hickory, Oct 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The police has been searching frantically a North Carolina girl Zahra Clare Baker, 10, who disappeared last Saturday. The law enforcement officials told a reputed media source that Zahra Clare Baker is hearing impaired and with a prosthetic leg. The police now are questioning the girl’s parents and especially her step-mother as they collected a video near their home and even used dogs to search the whole neighborhood in search of the girl. Elisa Baker, the step-mother of the missing girl has been investigated and arrested owing to some other charges.
Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said in one of his statements that the law enforcement officials are using all the available resources they have to find out the missing girl. However, the police also said that they cannot give any hope that the missing 10 year old girl will return home safely. The police also said that they have arrested her step-mother on unrelated charges. When interrogated the parents of the missing girl told the police that they last saw their daughter sleeping at 2:30 a.m.
Zahra Clare Baker’s step-mother, however, was arrested yesterday on more that one dozen charges against her. The list of charges against the missing girl’s mother Elisa Baker includes communicating threats, larceny, writing worthless checks, driving with a restrained license. The police has declined to comment if Elisa Baker has an attorney. The Baker family was not available for any comments. The police issued a statement where it was stated that everyone of them are concerned about the well being of Zahra Clare Baker and hope that she would return home safe and “unharmed”. However, the police chief has also said that it is unlikely that the girl left the home by herself.
- Police Finds Prosthetic Leg After Wide Search, Believed To Be Zahra Clare Baker's - Oct 28, 2010
- Zahra Clare Baker Missing Case Can Be A Homicide: Police Say - Oct 13, 2010
- Police Question Stepmom Over Missing Girl - Oct 11, 2010
- Hickory Police Releases New Warrant Which Reads Zahra Clare Baker May Have Been Raped - Dec 02, 2010
- Missing North Carolina girl case: Police question her step mom - Oct 11, 2010
- US girl made to 'run to death' over candy bar - Feb 24, 2012
- TSA agents arrested at JFK for stealing $40k - Feb 17, 2011
- Long Island Kidnapping, Couple Fake Their Own Kidnapping - Jun 15, 2010
- Illinois Woman Tanya Shannon Missing After A Car Crash - Dec 08, 2010
- Many UK royal wedding security steps would not work in US - Apr 22, 2011
- U.S. mother recovers children in Croatia after father's kidnapping - Dec 24, 2010
- Three U.S. boys kidnapped in 2008 found safe in the Netherlands - Nov 07, 2010
- One arrested for raping teenage girl - May 15, 2012
- 'Ugly Betty' actor arrested after 'killing mum with Samurai sword' - Nov 24, 2010
- Man murders stepmother - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: available resources, baker family, carolina girl, chief tom, elisa, gina gomez, hickory police, larceny, last saturday, law enforcement officials, media source, missing girl, oct 11, police chief, police questions, prosthetic leg, step mother, stepmom, tom adkins, worthless checks