Police officer assaults cab driver in AustraliaMay 31st, 2010 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, May 31 (IANS) A police officer allegedly assaulted a cab driver and robbed him of his belongings after they got involved in an argument in a suburb here, police said Monday.
The 23-year-old constable, from Central Metropolitan Region police station, was off duty and took a cab on the Bayswater Road, Kings Cross, Saturday. During the ride, the constable got into an argument with the driver.
“After assaulting the cab driver and stealing a number of items from the cab, the 23-year-old man ran from the scene,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted a police statement as saying.
The constable was arrested and charged with assault and robbery. He was later given bail and is due to appear in court later.
- San Diego taxi driver plows into nightclub crowd - Feb 12, 2011
- Speeding call centre cab crushes traffic cop - Sep 28, 2011
- Indian taxi driver charged over bashing passengers in St Kilda - Feb 04, 2010
- Indian taxi driver charged over bashing passenger in Australia - Feb 04, 2010
- Man arrested for killing Delhi police constable - May 24, 2012
- Three British policemen sacked every week - Jan 30, 2012
- Policeman caught performing lewd act in car - Dec 09, 2010
- Indian-restaurant delivery man accused of Sydney sex attack - Jul 20, 2010
- Oz man eats his finger to avoid police interrogation after attacking Indian taxi driver - Jan 19, 2010
- BPO employee robbed in Noida - Oct 09, 2010
- Four Oz boys aged 11 to 14 charged with sexual assault - Mar 24, 2011
- Woman uses car as a battering ram to escape from cops - Sep 29, 2010
- Grief grips family of man killed in BMW accident - Aug 07, 2012
- Driver arrested for sexually assaulting minor - Sep 07, 2012
- Police: Dozens injured when cab slams into San Diego crowd - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: australia sydney, bayswater road, belongings, cab driver, constable, kings cross, metropolitan region, morning herald, old man, police officer, police statement, police station, road kings, robbery, suburb, sydney morning herald