Police hunt for renegade bull in Spanish townMay 10th, 2011 - 11:26 am ICT by IANS
Zaragoza (Spain), May 10 (IANS/EFE) Eight police teams are on the look out for a bull that escaped over the weekend during a festival in northeast Spain, injuring four people.
The bull escaped Sunday during a festival attended by about 600 people, who lived through “moments of panic” in Longares, a town in Zaragoza province, the town’s mayor, Miguel Jaime Angos, told EFE.
The 400-kg bull jumped a wall and headed into the street, the mayor said.
The bull charged four people, including a woman in her 40s who was gored, said Civil Guard search coordinator Manuel Lopez.
The woman was taken to a Zaragoza hospital, where she is in stable condition after undergoing surgery.
A 35-year-old woman sustained a chest injury and her six-year-old son suffered a cut to a hand that required 10 stitches.
- Thousands take part in bull-spearing fest in Spain - Sep 12, 2012
- Two gored in Spain bull running - Jul 09, 2010
- Huge crowds at running of bulls in Spanish city - Jul 11, 2011
- Ecuadorian central bank official gored at bullfight - Jul 18, 2012
- Two shot dead in beauty parlour - Sep 28, 2011
- Four die in 50-vehicle pile-up in Chile - Oct 13, 2011
- Spanish soccer coach is dead - Jun 08, 2012
- Evicted grandmother chains herself to Spain's central bank - May 01, 2012
- Spanish doctor kidnapped in Nigeria - Apr 12, 2012
- Now listen to complete 'Don Quixote' on YouTube - Mar 23, 2011
- Mexican involved in killing of 49 people arrested - Aug 04, 2012
- Four slain at festival in Mexico - Jul 27, 2012
- Actor Alberto de Mendoza is dead - Dec 13, 2011
- Mexican mayor dies from stroke after ambush - Nov 08, 2010
- 5 shot dead during Colombian carnival - Feb 01, 2011