Poland questions 300 in air crash probeSeptember 12th, 2010 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
Warsaw, Sep 12 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Poland’s military prosecutors have questioned over 300 witnesses during an investigation into the plane crash in Russia in April that killed the Polish president, the attorney general said Sunday.
Andrzej Seremet said the evidence gathered in the case already ran to 62 volumes of documents, Poland’s PAP news agency reported.
It was not immediately clear whether the questioning took place in Poland or Russia.
Polish President Lech Kaczynski was killed April 10 along with his wife and 94 other passengers when their plane crashed while attempting to land in heavy fog at an airfield near Russia’s Smolensk city.
The top-level Polish delegation, which included senior government officials, were to attend a memorial ceremony marking the 60th anniversary of the 1940 Katyn massacre, in which Soviet secret police killed thousands of Polish military officers.
- No changes in Russia-Poland relations after plane crash report - Aug 04, 2011
- Poland partly blames Russia for presidential plane crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Polish first lady may visit plane crash site - Jan 31, 2011
- Decision not to land at reserve airfield caused Polish plane crash - Jan 12, 2011
- Poland to reconstruct jet crash that killed president - Jan 23, 2011
- Polish Air Force chief was in cockpit before crash - May 25, 2010
- Russian police looted presidential plane after crash: Poland - Jun 07, 2010
- Poland rejects Russia's report on President Kaczynski's death - Dec 17, 2010
- All bodies in Polish plane crash identified - Apr 22, 2010
- Poland uncertain whether to reveal black box records - Apr 23, 2010
- Kaczynski's brother blasts Russian probe of plane crash - Jan 12, 2011
- Russia sends Poland files on presidential plane crash - Apr 07, 2011
- Air crash: Polish, Russian investigators examining flight data recorders - Apr 11, 2010
- Prince Charles to attend Poland President Kaczynski's funeral - Apr 15, 2010
- Poland begins week of mourning after Russian air crash - Apr 11, 2010
Tags: 60th anniversary, air crash, crash probe, fog, government officials, katyn massacre, memorial ceremony, military officers, news agency, pap, plane crash in russia, polish delegation, polish president lech, president lech kaczynski, prosecutors, ria novosti, smolensk, soviet secret police, vm, warsaw