PML-Q, PML-F to form an anti-Benazir allianceNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:58 am ICT by admin
“A decision on a grand alliance against the PPP will be taken by President Pervez Musharraf,” Pagaro told reporters after meeting Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz and Shujaat at Kingri House.
“Musharraf should learn a lesson from the past and select better comrades to contest against the PPP,” he added.
The PML-F said that Shujaat was a “rough stone”, which would be “polished into a hero.”
Aziz said that Pagaro’s perceptions and predictions about the country’s future remained important.
“This meeting with Pir Pagaro was very useful because Chaudhry Shujaat was also present,” Aziz said.
“We will jointly contest the elections,” Shujaat told reporters that even though he was the president of the PML-Q, he was also an “ordinary” worker.
“The real leader of the PML is Pir Pagaro,” the Daily Times quoted him, as saying.
“We will give the PPP a tough time in Punjab. We will hold free and fair elections and the PPP will be washed out of the province,” Shujaat said. (ANI)
- With 29 members, PML-N tops list of 105 'fake degree-holding Pak parliamentarians' - Dec 03, 2010
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Musharraf to return to Pak to join unified Muslim League, not for presidency: Pir Pagara - Sep 23, 2010
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- What's in a name? Ask Musharraf and Pir Pagara! - Sep 21, 2010
- Musharraf expected to announce return to Pak in September - Aug 02, 2010
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- PPP, PML-Q strike power-sharing deal - May 02, 2011
- Pir Pagara distances himself from Musharraf - Oct 08, 2010
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- Musharraf has 'lost his senses' after losing dictatorship: Raja Riaz - Oct 10, 2010
- Shujaat meets Imran in quest of common ground in Pak Politics - Dec 26, 2010
- Benazir murder probe 'futile' exercise as culprits hold powerful positions: Pir Pagara - Dec 25, 2010
- Cracks widen in Pakistan's ruling coalition, key ally quits - Dec 21, 2010
- Musharraf's supporters in disarray after talks with PML-Q chief fail - May 25, 2010