PML-Q afraid of my return: BenazirNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:13 am ICT by admin
She also rejected Musharraf’s request asking her to delay her return till the announcement of the Supreme Court’s verdict on his eligibility to contest the presidential poll.
“In fact, Musharraf has no problems with my return but the ruling coalition, especially the PML, is afraid of my return,” she said.
“I may fly from Dubai to Karachi to return to Pakistan,” Bhutto said.
Bhutto insisted that she had no intentions to delay her return.
“We have been talking about our plans to go back for the last few years but this is the first time we have announced the date of return. I will go back on schedule, come what may,” the Daily Times quoted Bhutto, as saying.
Meanwhile, a senior PPP official said that although the decision to fly out of Dubai was not yet final, it would most likely happen.
“It will be very hectic trip for Bhutto to take a flight from London and then stop over in Dubai for a few hours and then resume her journey to Pakistan.”
Bhutto will fly with a group of around 150 people, including some PPP leaders based in the UAE and London, European Union parliamentarians, Commonwealth representatives and a large number of media representatives.
If she flies from Dubai, her aides from London will join her here before she starts the journey to Pakistan. (ANI)
- Pakistan remembers Benazir Bhutto - Dec 27, 2011
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- Don't put yourself in the line of fire, Daily tells Musharraf - Apr 19, 2011
- Benazir killing probe almost complete: Gilani - Dec 28, 2011
- Keep away from Pakistan, daily tells Musharraf (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Zardari's return may be cameo appearance, says NYT - Dec 20, 2011
- Musharraf to be arrested on return to Pakistan - Jan 07, 2012
- Bilawal Bhutto 'secretly' studying law in Britain - Jul 06, 2012
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Ailing Zardari rushes to Dubai, refutes resignation rumour - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: aides, benazir, bhutto, commonwealth, dubai, gulf news, hectic trip, homecoming, journey, karachi, media representatives, musharraf, pakistan, pml, ppp, precise schedule, presidential poll, she flies, take a flight, verdict