PM to Zardari: Do not allow use of Pak territory for terror against IndiaJune 16th, 2009 - 6:18 pm ICT by ANI
Yekaterinburg, June 16 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today told President Asif Ali Zardari to stop terror attacks emanating from Pakistan against India.
Dr Singh made the remarks at a one-on-one meeting on the sidelines of the six-nation Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit here.
During the 40-minute meeting, Dr Singh asked Zardari to take strong and credible action against terrorist outfits and create the right atmosphere for the resumption of the stalled bilateral dialogue.
He also conveyed India’s growing disappointment with Pakistan’s inaction against the executors of the Mumbai chaos.
Dr Singh singled out the release of Hafiz Saeed, the suspected mastermind of the 26/11 attacks, to underscore Islamabad’s lack of seriousness in acting against anti-India terror outfits.
Pakistan, in turn, made a strong pitch for the resumption of the composite dialogue.
The two leaders met in the Silver Room of the Hotel Hyatt Regency in the Russian city of Yekaterinburg, minutes after the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation summit.
This was the first high-level meeting between India and Pakistan since the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. The meeting was sought by Pakistan when its High Commissioner to India, Shahid Malik, met Indian Foreign Secretary Shivshankar Menon last week. (ANI)
- Manmohan to Zardari: Don't allow your territory for anti-India acts (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2009
- Manmohan holds talks with Zardari, says terror top concern (Lead) - Jun 16, 2009
- Manmohan, Zardari face to face in Russia - Jun 16, 2009
- Zardari likely to come on 'personal' visit to India (Lead) - Apr 01, 2012
- Amid improving ties, Zardari to meet Manmohan, visit Ajmer (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Take credible action against terror, Manmohan to tell Zardari (Lead) - Jun 16, 2009
- Manmohan arrives in Russia, set for Zardari meeting Tuesday - Jun 15, 2009
- Manmohan-Gilani chemistry: From Sharm el-Sheikh to Addu via Thimphu - Nov 10, 2011
- (HOLD) Krishna leaves for SCO summit in China - Jun 05, 2012
- India to pitch for larger role at SCO summit - May 27, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to meet Zardari in Russia today - Jun 16, 2009
- Post 26/11, a chronicle of India-Pakistan meetings - Apr 08, 2012
- Resumption of talks not discussed with Pakistan: Menon - Jun 16, 2009
- Zardari likely to offer intelligence-sharing to India - Jun 16, 2009
- It's official: Manmohan to meet Zardari in Russia - Jun 12, 2009
Tags: asif ali, bilateral dialogue, composite dialogue, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, hafiz, hotel hyatt regency, india and pakistan, manmohan, manmohan singh, russian city, shahid malik, shanghai cooperation organisation, shanghai cooperation organization, shanghai cooperation organization sco, silver room, six nation, terror attacks, terrorist outfits, yekaterinburg