Plane stolen from Venezuelan airportAugust 17th, 2010 - 10:37 am ICT by IANS
Caracas, Aug 17 (IANS/EFE) An aircraft was stolen from a hangar at Caracas’ Maiquetia International Airport during the weekend, authorities said.
There was no trace of the flight on the list of departures kept by the control tower and police suspect that drug traffickers managed to take away the plane.
The plane, owned by an agribusiness firm, was taken from an auxiliary terminal late Friday or early Saturday, a criminal complaint filed with police said.
Nobody, however, noticed the crime, and airport officials told police that they saw the aircraft for the last time parked in the hangar Friday night.
- Impounded plane stolen in Colombia - Jun 12, 2012
- Suitcase containing $600,000 seized in Panama - Aug 02, 2011
- Four die in Brazil plane crash - Feb 17, 2012
- Chavez vows to come back stronger after surgery - Feb 25, 2012
- Two die as plane crashes into lagoon - Mar 16, 2012
- 19 soldiers implicated in plane theft in Honduras - Nov 07, 2010
- Venezuela completes repatriation of gold - Feb 01, 2012
- Five Colombian cops die in plane crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Ailing Chavez returns to Venezuela - Jul 05, 2011
- 4 die in US plane crash - Apr 04, 2011
- Prostitution racket busted in Spain - Feb 14, 2011
- 1,000 Mexicans held for involvement in sex trade - Jul 25, 2011
- Pilot killed in drug plane crash in Venezuela - Aug 30, 2012
- Six killed in Venezuelan plane crash - Feb 23, 2011
- Successful biofuel flight conducted in Mexico - Apr 03, 2011