Plane slides off runway on Thai holiday islandAugust 4th, 2009 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Bangkok, Aug 4 (DPA) Several passengers were injured Tuesday when a plane slid off a runway when landing at the popular Thai tourist island of Samui, an airline spokeswoman said.
The Bangkok Airways plane on a flight from Krabi to Samui Island slid off the runway at 2.30 p.m. at Samui airport, Nanwipa Gayjanun, a spokeswoman of the airline, confirmed.
She did not provide any further details on the number of injured passengers. Heavy rain during landing is believed to have caused the accident.
- Plane slides off runway on Thai holiday island, one dead (Lead) - Aug 04, 2009
- Pilot killed in Bangkok Air crash on Samui - Aug 04, 2009
- 10 injured as plane makes emergency landing in Lahore - Aug 31, 2012
- Major plane accident averted in Chennai - Sep 24, 2011
- Bangkok Airways connects Bangalore and Thailand - Oct 04, 2011
- Plane removed, operations resume at Mumbai airport runway - Sep 05, 2011
- Another plane overshoots runway in China - Aug 27, 2010
- Hundreds of stranded tourists rescued in flood-hit Thailand - Apr 01, 2011
- Bomb scare grounds Thai plane in US - Sep 08, 2010
- Plane skids off runway at Kochi airport, two injured - Aug 29, 2011
- One dead, 40 injured in Thailand air crash - Aug 05, 2009
- Turkish Airways plane goes off runway in Mumbai during heavy rainfall - Sep 03, 2011
- Gulf Air passenger plane skids off runway in southwest India - Aug 29, 2011
- Crews recover black box from Indonesian plane crash site - May 09, 2011
- Plane makes emergency landing in Poland - Nov 02, 2011