Plane Crashes At Anchorage With Four On BoardJuly 29th, 2010 - 9:38 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
July 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A local training mission took a tragic turn on Wednesday as the C-17 plane crashed at the Elmendorf Air Force Base. The crash reportedly took place at 6:14 p.m. and the news of the crash was confirmed to media sources by Alaska National Guard. Although it was not clear at the beginning whether the cargo plane C-17 had any passenger in it, later on during the night Air Force Capt. Uriah Orland mentioned to the media sources that the plane had four people on board. The conditions of the four boarders have not been revealed and when asked about the number of casualties, the Air Force Captain did not reply.
A local media source reported that a number of local people have witnessed the plane crash at Anchorage. Some eye witness mentioned that they saw a ball of fire in the air that rose up the sky and then plummeted to the ground. As per media reports, the C-17 crashed into the wooden area that lies to the east of the runway. The local source also added that the accident took place when the pilot turned the plane to the north towards runway 5.
Bryan Grella, the Anchorage Fire Department Captain said to media sources that its crew witnessed the plane crash just when they were done with the dinner at around 6:30 p.m. They were at the downtown fire station when the caught the sight of a “big, gray plume of smoke”. Bryan Grella mentioned that he saw a fireball that went up in the air. The captain estimated that the fireball extended to about 750 feet in the air.
- Military plane crash at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska kills 4 - Jul 29, 2010
- Four die in C-17 plane crash in Alaska - Jul 29, 2010
- Pilot Missing in F-22 Crash ID'd by Air Force as Capt. Jeffrey Haney - Nov 19, 2010
- Authorities identify victims of Alaska "Con Air"-movie plane crash - Aug 03, 2010
- Plane with 21 on board crashes in Argentina (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- 8 dead, 7 injured in cargo plane crash in Karachi residential area - Nov 28, 2010
- Four pilots killed as two PAF planes collide (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Four Americans killed in Bahamas plane crash - Mar 27, 2012
- The biggest fireball I ever saw: Dubai crash witness - Sep 04, 2010
- Eight die in Brazil plane crash - Aug 03, 2011
- Plane crashes during Reno air show; at least 2 dead, 62 injured - Sep 17, 2011
- 3 Dead In Tucson Plane Crash - Jul 29, 2010
- Karachi cargo plane crash: DNA samples taken from bodies - Nov 28, 2010
- 10 injured as plane makes emergency landing in Lahore - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: air force capt, air force captain, alaska national guard, anchorage fire department, ball of fire, boarders, cargo plane, dey, elmendorf air force base, eye witness, fire station, grella, local training, madhuri, media source, media sources, plane c, plane crash, plane crashes, plume of smoke