Plane crash victims’ kin arrive in IslamabadApril 21st, 2012 - 1:56 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 21 (IANS) A special plane carrying the relatives of air-crash victims from Karachi has landed here Saturday, authorities said.
The service was provided by the Pakistan International Airlines. Besides other passengers, 94 relatives of the victims also reached here, Geo TV reported.
Waseem Khawaja, in charge of the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences here, said the bodies had been brought in more than 100 bags. He said 73 bodies were identified.
The Bhoja Airlines flight with 118 passengers and nine crew members crashed Friday, minutes before it was to land at the Benazir Bhutto International Airport here at 7 p.m., apparently due to bad weather. The plane had taken off from Karachi at 5 p.m.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik confirmed Saturday that all 127 people on board the aircraft have died and their bodies have been shifted to hospital for identification.
- Pakistan to probe plane crash that killed 127 (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- 'Pakistani plane shouldn't have been allowed to land' (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Boeing offers to assist Pakistan in crash probe - Apr 21, 2012
- Gilani orders plane crash probe, official hints at blunder (Roundup) - Apr 21, 2012
- Judicial panel to probe air crash: Gilani - Apr 21, 2012
- All on board dead in Pakistan plane crash - Apr 21, 2012
- Pakistani plane with 127 on board crashes, no survivors (Third Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Passenger plane crashes near Pakistani capital of Islamabad, many killed (Updated) - Apr 20, 2012
- Plane carrying 127 passengers crashes in Pakistan - Apr 20, 2012
- Passenger plane crashes into Pakistani neighborhood, casualties feared - Apr 20, 2012
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- 118 killed in Pakistan plane crash (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Pakistan grounds all private jets for checks - Apr 24, 2012
- Pakistani daily rues political rift over crash probe - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: air crash victims, airlines flight, authorities, bad weather, benazir bhutto, bhoja airlines, crew members, geo tv, interior minister, karachi, khawaja, pakistan institute of medical sciences, pakistan international airlines, plane crash victims, rehman malik, relatives