Plane catches fire in PakistanJuly 30th, 2010 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, July 30 (IANS) A passenger aircraft of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) caught fire Friday after hitting a bird at an airport here, but no casualties were reported.
All the passengers and crewmembers were safe after the engine of Lahore-bound airliner PK-302 caught fire at Jinnah International Airport, Geo TV reported.
A loud blast was heard in an engine of the aircraft, a Boeing commercial plane, when the airliner was preparing to take off early morning.
The takeoff was immediately aborted and the passengers and the staff were safe and sound, the report said.
The explosion happened when a bird struck the plane’s engine, eyewitnesses said.
The incident happened just two days after a private Pakistani airline flight from Karachi crashed amid heavy rain in the thickly wooded Margalla Hills near Islamabad, killing all 152 passengers on board the plane.
- Pakistani plane makes emergency landing - May 13, 2011
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Pakistani held for aircraft hijack threat - Apr 27, 2012
- Jet Airways aborts flight after smoke in tyre - Feb 17, 2011
- Karachi plane crash apparently due to 'human error', says expert - Nov 06, 2010
- Passenger plane crashes near Pakistani capital of Islamabad, many killed (Updated) - Apr 20, 2012
- Pakistan grounds all private jets for checks - Apr 24, 2012
- Pakistani plane diverted as man suffers stroke - Jun 12, 2011
- Qantas plane forced to return after bird strike - Nov 17, 2010
- Cargo plane crashes in Karachi, eight dead (Second Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Three killed in Russian plane explosion (Lead) - Jan 02, 2011
- Qantas Airways' engine crisis continues - Nov 13, 2010
- Now, Qantas 747 forced to return back to Sydney following electrical system problem - Nov 15, 2010
- Plane with 152 passengers crashes near Islamabad (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- 152 killed as plane crashes into Islamabad's Margalla Hills (Fifth Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: airline flight, airliner, boeing, casualties, commercial plane, explosion, eyewitnesses, geo tv, heavy rain, islamabad, jinnah international airport, loud blast, margalla hills, pakistan international airlines, pakistan karachi, passenger aircraft, pia, takeoff