Plane carrying 18 missing in IndonesiaSeptember 29th, 2011 - 1:21 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, Sep 29 (IANS) A plane with 18 people on board went missing Thursday in Indonesia’s Sumatra island, an official said.
The aircraft was operated by PT Nusantara Buana Airline.
The CASA 212 aircraft had given emergency signals which were received by a small plane Susi Air passing the area, spokesman of the Transport Ministry Bambang Ervan told Xinhua.
The missing plane left Medan, the capital of North Sumatra province, at 7.15 a.m. and was scheduled to arrive at Kutacane town of Aceh province at 8 a.m., said Ervan.
There were two pilots, one technician, and 15 passengers on the plane, he said.
“Emergency signals had been received by rescuers,” said another official.
- Plane crash in western Indonesia kills five - Feb 12, 2011
- Missing aircraft found in Indonesia - May 10, 2012
- No survivors in Sukhoi crash, Russia opens criminal case (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- No survivors found in Sukhoi crash (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Russian plane goes missing in Indonesia - May 09, 2012
- Indonesian plane with 17 people aboard remains missing - Aug 03, 2009
- Five killed in Indonesian quakes (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Russian plane with 44 missing in Indonesia (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Strong quake jolts Indonesia's Aceh (Lead) - Apr 07, 2010
- Tsunami warning after strong quake off Indonesia lifted (Lead) - May 09, 2010
- Indonesia: Five killed, several injured in Wednesday's earthquakes - Apr 12, 2012
- Quake rattles Indonesian province - Apr 15, 2012
- Strong quake jolts Indonesia's Aceh, tsunami warning issued - Apr 07, 2010
- 12 elephants dead in Indonesia, probe launched - Jun 21, 2012
- Huge earthquakes strike off Indonesia, prompt tsunami warnings (Update 2) - Apr 11, 2012