Pizza man jailed for topping rivalJune 18th, 2009 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, June 18 (DPA) An unemployed Australian who was offered free pizza for life to burn down the pizza parlour of a rival was jailed by a Melbourne court Thursday.
Frank Foschini, 35, broke into Papa John’s in July 2005, doused it with petrol and started a fire that gutted the premises and forced the business to close.
The court was told Foschini received 800 Australian dollars ($640) in cash and the free-pizza promise from an unnamed pizza restaurateur.
The judge, who handed out a three-year jail sentence for the arson attack, said he was surprised no action had been taken against Foschini’s paymaster.
Outside court, proprietor John Yakub said he hoped Papa John’s would reopen one day. “I’m trying to start again,” he said. “Financially, it has set me back 10 to 15 years.”
- Now, pizzas with William-Kate portraits - Apr 15, 2011
- Pizza chain apologises for racial slur on receipt - Jan 09, 2012
- Wife sets cheating hubby on fire - Sep 22, 2011
- Papa Johns creates special Royal Wedding pizza - Apr 19, 2011
- Oz Indian origin wife denies murdering hubby after setting fire to his genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- Garo Hills to hold first-ever civic polls, despite violence - Oct 28, 2010
- Can't suffer for brother's sins, Yakub Memon tells apex court - Nov 02, 2011
- 100 shanties gutted in Delhi fire (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Sukh Ram shifted to hospital - Jan 08, 2012
- Tyre warehouse in Haryana gutted in fire - Jun 30, 2012
- Medvedev to pardon jailed actress who set afire ex-hubby's house - Jul 15, 2011
- Lady Gaga's pizza treat for fans - Nov 25, 2009
- Fire engulfs factory in Delhi - May 27, 2012
- Oz man gets suspended sentence for raping, impregnating sister - Jan 31, 2011
- Man burns ex-wife, kid, father-in-law to death in Britain - Apr 21, 2012