Pizza culture catching up in SrinagarJuly 13th, 2008 - 9:20 pm ICT by ANI
By Afzal Bhatt
Srinagar, July 13 (ANI): Pizza culture, which is fast catching up with leading Italian and Mexican food chain Smokin Joes across India, is making its presence felt in the Kashmir Valley prominently.
Recently, Smokin Joes Pizza opened its 62nd outlet in India in the Rajbagh locality of Srinagar.
Since it opening a month ago, the pizza joint has become popular among local residents and tourists, as this is the first time that branded pizza has been made available here.
“We wanted a pizza outlet here, but we couldn”t find. There was only one joint as Coffee Arabica. We go there often. But I learnt about this place only today in a newspaper. So I just came over. My children are very fond of pizza,” said Ramesh Singh, one customer enjoying his time at Smokin Joes.
What sets Smokin Joes apart from other pizza brands is that it offers fresh bases with a variety of over 155 different toppings at affordable rates. Free home delivery service is also available for aficionados of pizza.
Smokin Joes offers multiple cuisine of Italian and Mexican fare its motto is to understand customer who visits its outlet for quality pizza and other fast food items.
The kitchen is supervised and trained under an expert head chef from Mumbai who sees a great potential among the local workers, as they are quite enthusiastic to learn.
“I”m the head chef here and giving training to the local people here. They are also learning with full concentration. They have the interest to make pizza as well,” said Shambu Dhar, Head Chef of Smokin Joes from Mumbai
For the outlet, all things including furniture, cooking range as well as the interior upholstery, have been brought from Mumbai.
Smokin Joes brand has registered an outstanding success in competition with multi-national brands like Dominoes and Pizza Hut across India. The outlet in Kashmir has the latest interior design patterns conceptualised to render a perfect ambience for customers.
A lot of local residents visit this pizza joint every day during the lunch hours. Customers are happy with the taste and quality of the pizza, which is a big success for Smokin Joes here.
“People should know what real pizza is and they should taste it so that they can eat and enjoy it. We have many districts here and if there is more publicity on the food item, it can even do better,” said Manzoor Ahmed, customer.
“I”m feeling very good, as the response is overwhelming. The crowd that has come here, the kind of feedback that we”ve got is fantastic. I”m sure it will grow as a brand as we”re going in a smooth way. We have not done any formal print advertisement yet. We want to be able to cater to the customer to satisfy them. Initial plan is to meet customer satisfaction which is the most important thing for us,” said Iqbal Wani, owner and master franchisee in Kashmir for Smokin Joes.
According to Iqbal, plans are afoot to open more outlets in different areas of Srinagar. (ANI)
- In Kashmir, pizza culture smokes out family meals - Oct 25, 2009
- On Srinagar's 'freedom road', a hot favourite pizza outlet - Oct 19, 2008
- Niche international food brands ready to enter Indian market - Dec 03, 2011
- Kashmiris exploring vegetarian options! - Oct 02, 2011
- There's more to Italian food than pizzas, pastas - Jun 04, 2012
- Zubair Kirmani takes designer menswear to Srinagar - May 19, 2012
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- Domino's Pizza enters Sri Lankan market - Sep 03, 2011
- Kashmir Valley gold sellers on strike against excise duty - Apr 03, 2012
- India is changing by the minute: Italian restaurateur - Aug 29, 2011
- Dr.Oetker targets 165 crore sale by 2015 - Sep 21, 2011
- Patna emerging luxe centre in eastern India - Sep 12, 2011
- Wah Taj! Kashmir's first luxe resort opens its doors (With Images) - Apr 28, 2011
- Not all pasta is pasta: Italian chef - Jun 24, 2011
- Courtesy young enthusiasts, Japanese food takes a bow in India (With Images) - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: chain smokin, coffee arabica, cooking range, design patterns, dominoes, food chain, food items, free home delivery, great potential, head chef, home delivery service, interior upholstery, joes pizza, kashmir, kashmir valley, mexican food, national brands, pizza hut, quality pizza, srinagar