Pituitary tumour caused world’s tallest man’s gigantismSeptember 18th, 2009 - 2:24 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sept 18 (ANI): The Turkish man crowned as the world’s tallest man suffers from a pituitary tumour which has resulted in his gigantic height.
Sultan Kosen stands eight-foot-one-inch tall and was unveiled as the tallest man in the world by the Guinness World Records.
Kosen’s height is a result of a tumour in his pituitary gland, which has led to an over production of growth hormones, reports the National Geographic News.
The condition called pituitary gigantism has also led his feet to grow to almost 15 inches, while his hands are larger than 10 inches.
It was only after the tumour was removed last year, that Kosen stopped growing.
The 27-year old is forced to use crutches as his height has weakened his knee joints.
The now-famous Kosen wants to travel around the world and meet a woman who would like to marry him. (ANI)
- Igor Vovkovinskiy Is The New Tallest American! - May 29, 2010
- World's tallest man looking for love - Sep 17, 2009
- Seven-foot tall woman draws crowds in Bengal - Jul 03, 2012
- A meeting of world's tallest and shortest men - Jan 15, 2010
- Guinness crowns Igor Vovkovinskiy as the 'New tallest man in U.S.' - May 26, 2010
- 200,000 people worldwide celebrate Guinness World Records Day - Nov 19, 2010
- New Tallest Man In US - May 29, 2010
- Sultan Kosen Declared As The World's Tallest Man - Sep 17, 2009
- World's Tallest Man Appears On "The Amazing Race" - May 03, 2010
- New Tallest Man In U.S. Is A Barack Obama Fan - May 26, 2010
- Guinness World Records announces new tallest living man in America - May 22, 2010
- World's tallest man meets the shortest for first time - Jan 15, 2010
- Californian couple named world's tallest man and wife - Nov 19, 2010
- World's shortest man He Pingping dies - Mar 16, 2010
- Igor Vovkovinskiy Is The New Tallest Man In The U.S. - May 26, 2010
Tags: crutches, growth hormones, guinness world records, knee joints, national geographic, national geographic news, pituitary gigantism, pituitary gland, pituitary tumour, sultan kosen, tallest man in the world, turkish man