Pink regrets staging circus themed showApril 28th, 2009 - 12:33 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 28 (IANS) Pop singer Pink regrets staging a circus themed show for her ongoing world tour because she has been plagued by comparisons to Britney Spears.
The “So what” hitmaker is taking her “Funhouse” world tour to the US this summer and has been bombarded by critics accusing her of copying Spears who launched her own “Circus” tour in the country in March.
Both singers based their tours on the title of their latest albums and feature high-flying dancers, acrobats and wild acts in their stage shows, reported femalefirst.com
But Pink, whose album debuted last year just weeks before Spears’ release, insists she was oblivious to the trend.
“Had I known that certain other people were going to base their latest thing about circus things, I probably would have went into another direction. I was six months before that and didn’t really understand that it was a trend that was happening. I’m pretty out of the loop,” said the singer.
- Spears to make stage comeback at Billboard awards - May 22, 2011
- Spears teams up with Will.i.am - Feb 10, 2011
- Britney Spears arrives in Rio de Janeiro - Nov 14, 2011
- Britney makes triumphant return to the stage - Mar 27, 2011
- Britney Spears's New Video Photo Sneak Peek Out On Web - Jan 25, 2011
- Spears has nothing to prove - Sep 25, 2011
- Nicki Minaj & Britney Spears perform at the Billboard Music Awards - May 24, 2011
- Britney Spears' album tops the charts - Apr 07, 2011
- Britney Spears still dominates music charts despite personal problems - Mar 10, 2011
- Pink Performs In Grammy Awards - Feb 01, 2010
- Pink recovering after stage accident, tweets thank you - Jul 18, 2010
- Minogue wants to duet with Spears - Mar 29, 2011
- Spears searching for homeless fan - Oct 04, 2011
- Joe Jonas to join Britney Spears' summer tour - Aug 01, 2011
- Kelly Clarkson releases 'What doesn't kill you' - Oct 06, 2011