Pink Panther sculpture expected to sell for $30mMarch 12th, 2011 - 5:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 12 (ANI): American artist Jeff Koons’ porcelain sculpture of a pink panther hugging a bare-breasted blonde is expected to fetch 30 million dollars at a New York City auction.
There were three editions made of the work, and the one that will be auctioned off at Sotheby’s on May 10, is the artist’s proof, the Telegraph reported.
One was sold at Christie’s in 1999 for 1.8 million dollars, reportedly to the newsprint magnate Peter Brant.
The others are in the Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago.
Sotheby’s didn’t identify the seller of the artist’s proof, but the New York Times says it’s the publisher Benedikt Taschen.
Koons’ ‘Balloon Flower Magenta’ sold for 25.7 million dollars in 2008 at Christie’s. It set a record for the artist. (ANI)
- Jeff Koons' $30 million Pink Panther sculpture to be auctioned - Mar 14, 2011
- Asian art seeing a resurgence in global market - Sep 18, 2012
- Munch's 'The Scream' sold for record $119 million at U.S. art auction - May 03, 2012
- 300-year-old Chinese vase sells for $32 mn - Oct 10, 2010
- Picasso sets new art auction record: $106.5 mn - May 05, 2010
- Nude bust of Stephanie Seymour to go under the hammer - Oct 15, 2010
- Sliding Chinese art mart gives India price edge - Aug 20, 2012
- Collection of classical Indian, Asian art creates record - Mar 21, 2012
- Akbar Padamsee to lead Sotheby's Asian art sale - Feb 18, 2011
- Art auction market witnessing new generation of buyers (With Images) - Jul 11, 2012
- 450-year-old Titian painting sells for record $16.9m at NY auction - Jan 28, 2011
- Sotheby's sells eight Picassos for more than $50 mn - May 05, 2011
- Gen Custer flag fetches $2.2m at NY auction - Dec 11, 2010
- Tyeb Mehta, Khoj, Pakistani art to lead Christie's Asian sale (With Image) - May 30, 2012
- Asian buyers start appearing on Christie's radar - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: 30 million, american artist, artist jeff koons, balloon flower, christie, city auction, london, magnate, million dollars, museum of contemporary art, museum of contemporary art in chicago, museum of modern art, new york city, new york times, newsprint, pink panther, porcelain sculpture, proof, sotheby s, telegraph