Pilot lands chopper on beach for ice creamsMay 19th, 2012 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 19 (IANS) The pilot of a British rescue helicopter made a dramatic halt on a popular beach so that its crew could buy ice creams.
The airmen were spotted emerging from the chopper on the sand at Winterton-on-Sea, Norfolk, The Sun reported Saturday.
Concerned beachgoers watched as the crew disembarked and then strolled to the nearby Winterton Dunes Beach Cafe.
When the cafe assistant asked what was up, one of the crew members said: “We’re all entitled to a tea break.”
They bought three Magnum Classics and one white chocolate Magnum.
- Today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day - Jun 07, 2012
- Sand dunes in Northern Mars actively changing - Feb 04, 2011
- UAE to make camel milk ice-cream - Mar 19, 2012
- Goa beaches head for makeover with shack policy - Jun 08, 2012
- Ice cream triggers emotions of its place of origin - Aug 23, 2010
- Roberts holidaying in Ireland - Aug 16, 2012
- Arunachal MP puts Pawan Hans in dock, blames poor upkeep for crash - Apr 21, 2011
- Eva Mendes made Global Pleasure ambassador of an ice-cream brand - Mar 19, 2009
- Russian prisoner flees on hijacked chopper - Mar 23, 2012
- Wildly happy India cheers night that was - Mar 31, 2011
- Eva Mendes named Global Pleasure Ambassador for ice cream brand - Mar 26, 2009
- Mizoram to launch copter service in remote areas - Aug 02, 2012
- Rihanna's love for chocolate ice cream - Aug 15, 2011
- IAF to induct latest Russian military choppers Feb 17 - Feb 06, 2012
- British chopper crashes at sea - May 10, 2012