Pilot killed in Turkish helicopter crashApril 7th, 2011 - 4:29 am ICT by IANS
Istanbul, April 7 (IANS) One pilot was killed and two were injured in a helicopter crash in northwestern Turkey, officials said.
The Euro copter EC-155 model aircraft crashed near Bursa city Wednesday. The eight-seater helicopter had two pilots and a technician but no passengers, and was heading to Yenisehir town, Xinhua reported.
Civilian defence, fire-fighting and emergency medical assistance teams were dispatched to the area. First-aid teams that arrived on the scene found one pilot dead.
The injured pilot had directed the teams to the crash site via telephone.
The body of the dead pilot was still in the wreckage until a public prosecutor files a report.
- Four army personnel die in chopper crash - Apr 22, 2011
- Pilot dies in chopper crash in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- Four army officers dead in Sikkim chopper crash (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Chopper crashes at Chandigarh airport, DGCA to probe (Second Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- Philippines interior secretary untraceable - Aug 19, 2012
- Helicopter crashes in eastern Romania, killing 5 Ukrainians - Apr 27, 2012
- Four school kids killed in China accident - Dec 25, 2011
- Five killed in Istanbul accident - Oct 22, 2011
- Arunachal MP welcomes setting up of committee to probe Tawang crash - Apr 24, 2011
- Army team trekking to wreckage site in Arunachal: Chidambaram (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Iran holds funeral for air crash victims - Jan 11, 2011
- Four killed when paramilitary helicopter crashes in western India - May 14, 2011
- BSF chopper crashes, five injured - Jan 15, 2012
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- Four killed in Turkish military helicopter crash - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: civilian defence, crash site, dead pilot, ec 155, euro copter, first aid, helicopter crash, istanbul, medical assistance teams, model aircraft, northwestern turkey, public prosecutor, seater helicopter, wreckage, xinhua