Pilot hurt as Bangladesh Air Force trainer crashesApril 8th, 2012 - 4:37 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, April 8 (IANS) A trainer aircraft of Bangladesh Air Force crashed Sunday in the country’s central Tangail district, injuring one of the two pilots on board.
Nurul Islam of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) of the Bangladesh Army told Xinhua that the L-39 trainer crashed in a village some 90 km northwest of capital Dhaka, at 12.27 p.m.
He said one pilot was safe but the other was injured.
The injured pilot was airlifted to the Combined Military Hospital in Dhaka.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known.
- Pilot killed as Bangladesh Air Force trainer crashes (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Bangladesh-India joint military exercise begins - Oct 09, 2011
- Two killed in Bangladesh air force crash - Dec 20, 2010
- Pilot killed in South African jet crash - Jul 01, 2012
- One dead in Pakistan Air Force plane crash - Oct 19, 2011
- Two killed in Pakistani Army trainer plane crash (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- One dead as small plane crashes in China lake - Aug 19, 2012
- Two killed as army plane crashes in Pakistan - Dec 22, 2010
- 13 Indians die in Nepal air crash (Third Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Seven killed in two accidents in Bangladesh - Jul 17, 2011
- Pilot dies in chopper crash in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- Seven killed in Bangladesh lightning strikes - May 27, 2011
- Trainer aircraft crashes, two pilots eject safely (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Train hits two buses in Dhaka - Sep 29, 2010
- Five killed in Ukraine plane crash - Jun 10, 2012