Pilot dies in chopper crash in RussiaApril 7th, 2012 - 4:39 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 7 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The pilot of a Bell 407 light helicopter died after the aircraft crashed in Russia’s Tatarstan region, officials said.
The helicopter wreckage, found near Yamash village, reportedly caught fire after the crash Friday. The pilot was the only person on board.
The helicopter was owned by the Ak Bars Aero company, the official flight operator of the Tatarstan regional government.
The crash was the second involving a Bell 407 in Russia in two months. A pilot died near Nizhny Novgorod last month after his helicopter crashed into the Volga river.
On Friday, another helicopter crashed in Karelia in northwest Russia. There were no fatalities but the two pilots and two passengers were injured.
The helicopter crashed on a frozen lake but did not break through the ice.
- 88 missing as ship sinks in Russia - Jul 10, 2011
- Ammo blast kills six in Russia - May 03, 2012
- Russia to build two space-defence missile plants - Feb 04, 2012
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- FIFA World Cup delegates visit Samara - Jun 22, 2012
- Mi-2 chopper crashes in Russia, pilot killed - Aug 11, 2012
- Child among three killed in Russian plane crash - Jul 22, 2012
- Nine killed in Russia wildfire - Jul 30, 2010
- Russian missile maker Almaz Antei expands - Apr 10, 2012
- List of venues for 2018 World Cup to be announced Sep 29 - Sep 05, 2012
- Math teacher in Russia sentenced for verbal abuse - Apr 12, 2012
- Russia suspends airline after crash kills 47 - Jul 14, 2011
- Emergency declared in Russia as wildfires kill 12 - Jul 31, 2010
- Russia to build world's most powerful laser station - Feb 10, 2012
- Russian executed in 1918 cleared 94 years later - Aug 24, 2012