Pilot dies at controls of US-bound passenger jetJune 18th, 2009 - 11:31 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, June 18 (DPA) A Continental airlines pilot died at the controls of a plane en route from Brussels to Newark, New Jersey, Thursday, according to media reports.
CNN quoted a statement from Continental that the 61-year-old captain of the flight died of natural causes while piloting the plane carrying 247 passengers.
The two first officers onboard who have extensive experience flying the Boeing 777, were preparing to land the plane in Newark, WABC-TV reported.
- US passenger plane lands safely after pilot dies - Jun 19, 2009
- Continental Flight 61 pilot dies mid flight - Jun 19, 2009
- Continental Airlines flight declares emergency after pilot dies - Jun 19, 2009
- Continental Pilot Dies In Mid Flight - Jun 20, 2009
- Plane makes emergency landing in Poland - Nov 02, 2011
- Air India to lease out fuel guzzling 777s - Jun 12, 2012
- American Airlines To Check Boeing 757 Fleet And Start New Service - Dec 14, 2010
- Court notice to pilots' group on Air India plea - Jul 31, 2012
- Air India's 'sick' pilots continue protest, four flights cancelled (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Nine pilots sacked, eight flights cancelled (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Air India crisis continues for 15th day, losses Rs.250 crore - May 22, 2012
- Air India's 'sick' pilots continue protest, three flights cancelled - May 09, 2012
- Passenger dies mid-air during Mexico-Belgium flight - May 23, 2012
- AI's contingency plan in place, only one flight cancelled - May 16, 2012
- Air India losses mount to Rs.200 crore as crisis continues - May 18, 2012