Petrobras says its oil, gas output increased in 2008January 17th, 2009 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Jan 17 (IANS) Brazil’s energy giant Petrobras has announced that its oil and gas output increased by 4.3 percent in 2008, EFE reported Saturday.The company produced an average of 2.4 million barrels of crude per day at its plants inside and outside the country. It also produced 421,000 boe (barrels of oil equivalent) of natural gas per day.
The Company’s average hydrocarbon output in December was 2.44 million boe per day, exceeding November’s production by 33,000 boe.
Petrobras’ average domestic production of crude and gas was 2.18 million boe per day in 2008, up by 5.4 percent comparing with the 2007 figure, the company said in a statement to financial markets Friday.
Petrobras plans to spend $112 billion between 2008 and 2012 under an ambitious energy project.
Of the nine foreign countries where Petrobras has production activities, the largest hydrocarbon output was registered in Argentina, with an average total of 100,037 boe per day in 2008.
- Brazilian firm makes offshore crude find - Mar 21, 2012
- Colombia has record oil output in February - Mar 10, 2011
- Brazil's oil production hits record high - Feb 03, 2012
- Brazil oil firm sets oil output record in April - May 09, 2010
- Petrobras finds oil signs during deepwater exploration - Oct 28, 2010
- Brazil's Petrobras announces deep-water oil find - Jan 27, 2011
- Brazilian oil firm says refining shortfall to last until 2013 - Mar 15, 2012
- Brazilian firm announces oil find in Colombia - Mar 12, 2010
- India's energy consumption to double by 2031: Study - Jul 25, 2012
- Italian oil giant to invest $7 bn in Venezuela - Jul 16, 2011
- Chinese-Spanish venture makes oil find in Brazil - Feb 28, 2012
- Colombian firm makes new oil find - Apr 26, 2012
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- Brazilian firm announces two new oil finds off Angola - Feb 19, 2010
- US energy production to soar - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: argentina, boe, brazil, efe, energy giant, energy project, financial markets, foreign countries, gas output, hydrocarbon, natural gas, oil and gas, oil equivalent, oil gas, petrobras, plants, rio de janeiro