Petition to close down Mossad quashedApril 19th, 2012 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
Tel Aviv, April 18 (IANS) The Israeli Supreme Court has dismissed a petition seeking to close down the country’s spy agency Mossad.
The petition was filed by a man, identified only as G., who claimed that the organization attempted to brainwash him. He claimed to have been drugged by medical students affiliated with Mossad during a visit to Hungary as part of an experiment.
According to the Yediot Aharonot daily, G. demanded a formal apology from Mossad and the immediate close down of the agency. Supreme Court president Asher Grunis earlier this week rejected the petition, noting that it “raises wonder”, Xinhua reported.
- Israel's Mossad agent dies in accident (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Israel's Mossad agent killed - Jul 18, 2012
- Netanyahu promises to keep Supreme Court 'independent' - Feb 29, 2012
- 65 percent Israelis feel removing Mubarak regime dangerous for Israel - Feb 05, 2011
- Now, a calmed Israel expresses admiration, sympathy for Egyptians - Feb 14, 2011
- Israeli army to acquire rockets - Mar 15, 2012
- 'Israeli spy' vulture arrested in Saudi Arabia - Jan 05, 2011
- Israeli diplomats world over use taxis after attacks - Feb 14, 2012
- Saudi Arabia captures 'Israeli spy' vulture - Jan 05, 2011
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Israeli victim saw Delhi bomber - Feb 14, 2012
- Israeli diplomats worldwide cut off contacts with Mossad - Aug 13, 2010
- Thank God! My kids were not with me, says Israeli victim (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Israel to build shelters against bio-chemical bombs - Aug 19, 2010
- Pak newspaper claims hundreds of pro-India, pro-Israel CIA agents operating in country - Mar 02, 2011