Petition filed in Pakistan court to postpone Senate pollsJanuary 28th, 2012 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 28 (IANS) A petition was filed in the Lahore High Court Saturday seeking postponement of the Senate elections scheduled to be held March 2, a media report said.
The petition said that according to the Election Commission of Pakistan, there were nearly 38 million bogus voters in the existing electoral roles, and that the present provincial assemblies were formed on the basis of these bogus votes, Geo News reported.
If the assemblies take part in the Senate elections, the move would make the results controversial, the petition said.
The petition prayed to the court to postpone the Senate elections till the Election Commission comes up with rectified electoral roles.
- Pakistani apex court suspends 28 lawmakers, two ministers - Feb 06, 2012
- Pakistan holds Senate elections - Mar 02, 2012
- Pakistani politicians told to submit asset details - Aug 13, 2012
- Update Delhi gurdwara poll voters' list, says court - Feb 08, 2012
- Independent Election Commission sought in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
- 78 percent polling in Tamil Nadu - Apr 14, 2011
- Pakistan Senate polls March 2 - Jan 13, 2012
- Delhi High Court reserves order on gurdwara - Feb 22, 2012
- High court gives nod for Delhi gurdwara polls - Mar 01, 2012
- Delhi appeals single judge order on gurdwara election - Feb 17, 2012
- Nawaz Sharif to challenge Pakistani Kashmir voters list - Jun 28, 2011
- Stalin's election challenged in court - Jun 27, 2011
- Pakistan elects senators (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Pakistani apex court suspends Rehman Malik from Senate (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Two killed in Pakistani Kashmir polling (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 26, 2011