Pete Doherty arrested second time in a weekJune 12th, 2009 - 1:27 am ICT by IANS
London, June 11 (IANS) English musician Pete Doherty has again been arrested in less than a week, this time on suspicion of drunken driving and drug possession.
The Babyshambles frontman, who was recently arrested at an airport in Switzerland after he was suspected of taking drugs in an aircraft toilet, played a solo show in Gloucester, south west England, Wednesday night and was held 30 minutes after the gig, reports mirror.co.uk.
Officers swooped on him when they saw a car being driven “erratically” through the town. Doherty was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving, possession of drugs, and failing to stop.
“At approximately 12.30 a.m. officers on patrol in Eastgate Street saw a car being driven erratically. It continued down Barton Street and was stopped in Derby Road…A 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving, possession of drugs and failure to stop for police. He remains in custody at this time,” said a spokesperson for Gloucestershire Police.
Later on Thursday, the star’s home in Wiltshire, England was raided by authorities. A spokesperson for Wiltshire Police however, refused to give details on what officers were searching for, or if anything was found.
“We did ask Wiltshire Police to search an address in the Marlborough area in connection with a drugs arrest which took place in Gloucestershire,” said a Wiltshire police representative.
- Pete Doherty 'arrested for DUI, drug possession' - Jun 12, 2009
- Pete Doherty 'arrested for drug possession' - Dec 22, 2009
- Pete Doherty pleads guilty to drink driving, drug possession - Jun 13, 2009
- Pete Doherty denies cocaine charge - Feb 03, 2011
- UK man pulled over for erratic driving had eight different drugs in his body - Jan 28, 2011
- I was a victim of celebrity status, says Aguilera - Jun 17, 2011
- Peter Doherty charged with the possession of cocaine - Sep 30, 2010
- 'The Social Network' actor found with pot - Jan 27, 2012
- R&B Singer Faith Evans Arrested In Los Angeles For DUI - Aug 23, 2010
- British anti-terror hunt nets Batman, rat hunter - Jul 06, 2012
- British billionaire 'lived with wife's body for four days' - Jul 12, 2012
- Ex-England footie star Gazza arrested for drugs offences - Oct 22, 2010
- Christina Aguilera released after her arrest for public intoxication - Mar 02, 2011
- Pete Doherty accused of supplying drugs that killed Robin Whitehead - Mar 22, 2010
- No special treatment for Hilton, say police - Aug 31, 2010
Tags: babyshambles, barton street, derby road, drug possession, eastgate street, english musician, frontman, gig, gloucester, marlborough area, pete doherty, possession of drugs, second time, solo show, south west england, spokesperson, suspicion, taking drugs, wiltshire england, wiltshire police