PETA slams Palin for using animal hunting controversy to boost show ratingsDecember 8th, 2010 - 2:00 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 8 (ANI): Sarah Palin has been slammed by PETA for using her hunting escapades to boost the ratings of her show ‘Sarah Palin’s Alaska’.
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) believe Palin is spending so much small screen time clubbing halibut and quartering caribou because she is trying to improve her TLC show’s numbers.
“Sarah seems to think that resorting to violence and blood and guts may lure people into watching her boring show, but the ratings remain as dead as the poor animals she shoots,” the New York Daily News quoted PETA’s Dan Mathews, as saying.
Mathews’ statement came following an episode in which Palin shot and graphically took apart a caribou.
Though ‘Sarah Palin’s Alaska’ premiered with 5 million viewers-the highest program launch numbers in TLC history-its second episode, in which the politico and her daughter Bristol clubbed halibut, only reeled in 3 million.
However, Palin appeared to cash in on the negative press surrounding the halibut episode ramping up controversial tweets surrounding her hunting escapades.
“Tomorrow-’Sarah Palin’s Alaska’ we slay salmon.
“A bunch of ‘em,” she tweeted.
The tactic seemed to work as the TLC show’s numbers rose to 3.5 million in the third episode.
Palin’s most recent tweet, appeared to bait PETA into responding to her expedition with her father.
“PETA: yes, that is responsible hunting you see in ‘Sarah Palin’s Alaska’ video tease for Sunday night. Remember - we eat, therefore we hunt,” she tweeted ahead of the episode. (ANI)
- Sarah Palin outrages US animal rights group by clubbing fish to death - Nov 24, 2010
- Hunting expert grades Sarah Palin's shooting skills - Dec 09, 2010
- Palin hunts caribou in Alaska on reality show - Dec 07, 2010
- Ratings for 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' remain high - Dec 18, 2010
- 'Sarah Palin's Alaska': Season 2 coming? - Dec 22, 2010
- 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' ratings drop - Nov 24, 2010
- 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' branded a 'snuff film' - Dec 09, 2010
- Who will rule the ratings of TLC channel - Kate Gossenlin or Sarah Palin? - Mar 29, 2010
- 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' won't be renewed for 2nd season after finale - Jan 09, 2011
- "Sarah Palin's Alaska" Premieres On TLC - Nov 15, 2010
- Palin's reality show breaks TLC history after drawing nearly 5m viewers - Nov 16, 2010
- Palin tries to lure Bristol's 'DWTS' viewers to her own less popular show - Nov 20, 2010
- Discovery Communications acquires rights to Sarah Palin reality show - Mar 26, 2010
- TLC signs on Sarah Palin after Kate Gosselin - Mar 29, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey Says U.S. Citizen Too Smart For Sarah Palin's Presidential Run - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: 5 million, blood and guts, caribou, escapades, ethical treatment of animals, halibut, launch, mathews, million viewers, new york daily news, new york dec, people for the ethical treatment of animals, poor animals, salmon, sarah palin, screen time, tactic, treatment of animals, tweet, york daily news