Peta plans to create tofu made from Clooney’’s sweat!March 13th, 2009 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 13 (ANI): You will soon be able to taste George Clooney if animal rights organization PETA gets its way.
In its latest campaign aimed at creating maximum publicity, the group has announced that it would like to create tofu flavoured with the sweat of the ER star.
The organization has been offered some of George’’s perspiration, apparently taken from a gym towel in Washington, DC, to kick-start the project.
Ingrid Newkirk, president of Peta, sent a letter to Clooney urging him to participate in the extraordinary venture “to spare animals from being killed for the table”.
According to the Washington Post, the actor’’s towel was offered for auction by a Peta supporter.
“I thought, ”What would make tofu more attractive to people?”… I can see people having parties to try CloFu,”” The Telegraph quoted Newkirk, as telling the newspaper.
She justified her plan by comparing Clooney-flavoured tofu to “making artificial chicken flavour for instant gravy”.
However, the hunky star has rejected Peta’’s overtures, although he clearly found the proposition amusing.
“As a mammal, I”m offended,” he joked in a statement. (ANI)
- PETA invites Gaga to explain her 'meat dress' - Oct 01, 2010
- Shatrughan's first public outing with Sonakshi post-surgery (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
- Hollywood-Bollywood come together for vegan cookbook - Jul 03, 2012
- Lady Gaga's meat bikini pic in Vogue draws animal rights ire - Sep 08, 2010
- PETA offers to help cash-strapped Lindsay pay for her rehab treatment - Oct 29, 2010
- Gaga's raw meat bikini angers PETA - Sep 08, 2010
- PETA is unhappy with Mario as he wears a Tanooki suit - Nov 16, 2011
- John, Hema to host Peta's 10th anniversary bash - Dec 15, 2009
- Clooney's girlfriend bares all for PETA campaign - May 05, 2011
- Russell Receives A Bull Named After Him As A Gift - Nov 01, 2010
- PETA founder once loved fur, meat - Jun 17, 2009
- Bob Barker assists PETA - Mar 12, 2010
- PETA welcomes Central Zoo Authority ban on tuskers in zoos - Nov 16, 2009
- Michelle Obama becomes PETA's anti-fur model - unwillingly - Jan 06, 2010
- Lady Gaga's VMAs meat dress link to Beatles - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: animal rights organization, animals, auction, chicken flavour, george clooney, gravy, london, mammal, maximum publicity, overtures, perspiration, sweat, telegraph, tofu, washington dc, washington post