PETA founder once loved fur, meatJune 17th, 2009 - 11:10 am ICT by ANI
New York, June 17 (ANI): PETA founder Ingrid Newkirk has confessed that she once loved to wear fur and eat meat.
“There was nothing I loved more than my fur jacket,” the New York Post quoted her writing in a new book ‘The PETA Practical Guide to Animal Rights’.
“In my 20s, I was eating my way through the animal kingdom, and what I didn’t eat I wore,” she added.
However, it was the visit to an animal shelter that changed her outlook towards animals.
This eventually led to the creation of the animal rights’ group in 1980. (ANI)
- PETA invites Gaga to explain her 'meat dress' - Oct 01, 2010
- Shatrughan's first public outing with Sonakshi post-surgery (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
- Hollywood-Bollywood come together for vegan cookbook - Jul 03, 2012
- Taraji P Henson Does Naked PETA Anti-Fur Ad - Jan 28, 2011
- Gaga's raw meat bikini angers PETA - Sep 08, 2010
- Lady Gaga's meat bikini pic in Vogue draws animal rights ire - Sep 08, 2010
- Kim Kardashian wears 2 fur coats in one day, angers PETA - Nov 17, 2010
- PETA condemns Kim Kardashian - Nov 17, 2010
- Kanye West angers PETA with song - Apr 07, 2012
- Clooney's girlfriend bares all for PETA campaign - May 05, 2011
- Ellen DeGeneres, Tim Gunn named PETA's People of the Year - Dec 31, 2009
- DeGeneres named PETA 'woman of the year' - Jan 01, 2010
- Eva Mendes fronts PETA's new anti-fur film - Nov 25, 2009
- Real Housewives of New York co-stars blast Bethenny Frankel's Peta ad - Dec 17, 2009
- Lady Gaga's VMAs meat dress link to Beatles - Sep 16, 2010