Pet pooch survives with 9 golf balls, one bullet in stomach!July 31st, 2009 - 5:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 31 (ANI): A pet dog in England has managed to cheat death despite swallowing nine golf balls, and being shot.
Ben Jewell, 12, in Great Totham, Essex, raised alarm after seeing his pet pooch, Bertie, swallow one during a round with his father.
The animal was then taken to vet Emily Nightingale, where an X-ray showed all the balls and a bullet.
The vet said that the pointer bloodhound was shot but survived.
“The bullet miraculously missed his vital organs, he’s been very lucky. His stomach could easily have ruptured from the pressure of the balls,” the Sun quoted her as saying.
Bertie is currently recovering at home. (ANI)
- Dog wins America's Wackiest X-ray contest - Oct 28, 2011
- Pup swallows toy fairy wand half its body size! - Dec 26, 2009
- Cops file case after pet cat is shot (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- X-rays reveal 10 rocks in pooch's stomach - May 20, 2010
- Doctors save dog Daisy's life after she swallows a 2-inch needle - May 22, 2012
- The pet dog that started to puke after swallowing a 'family of cats'! - Jun 17, 2010
- Bug eyed pooch with crooked teeth may be UK's ugliest - Dec 16, 2010
- Cat disabled after being shot at with air rifle - Sep 20, 2010
- Asian passenger held for drug trafficking in Dubai - May 05, 2011
- Drug suspect avoids going to loo for a month to save cocaine parcels hidden in stomach! - Mar 21, 2010
- Britney Spears takes up golf - May 22, 2012
- Meet the dog that survived despite eating 1000 magnets! - Aug 31, 2009
- Ball removed from dolphin's stomach - Jan 21, 2012
- Cooper hunting for a dog sitter - Aug 13, 2012
- Was the friendship between Robert Pattinson and Emilie de Ravin the reason behind Stewart's betrayal? - Jul 30, 2012