Perth man’s one-night stand to become subject of photographic exhibitionAugust 18th, 2010 - 6:37 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Aug 18 (ANI): A Perth man is set to become the subject of a photographic exhibition this month when he documents his one night stand.
Photographer Jackson Eaton will invite a stranger to share a night with him inside the Free Range Gallery, and their experiences will be documented in a series of special polaroid shots that will be created and exhibited within a 24-hour time frame.
The rare fade-to-black film he will use to capture moments throughout the impromptu night means the photographs will last only 24 hours before fading to black.
Jackson, a single man following a recent break-up, will explore the notion of being single and playing the field during the night on August 30.
The artist aims to explore themes of intimacy and identity, questioning where the appeal of the notion of playing the field comes from.
“It is sort of walking that line between something that is staged and something that is real. The fiction and the spontaneous elements of it,” the Age quoted him as saying.
The public is invited to visit the gallery between 8am and 8pm on August 31 to take in the mix of installation and exhibition.
“The temporal degradation of the images serves as a metaphor for the experience of a one-night stand, mirroring the fading of memory and judgement that tends to occur after (and sometimes during) the said event,” he said.
“More broadly, it relates to how these acts of emotional and sexual vulnerability influence the hardening or healing of our hearts following experiences of loss or loneliness in our lives,” he stated.
Each visitor to the Single exhibition would take away a different experience, as the photos moved from colour to black while they wandered around the gallery.
This will be Eaton’s third solo exhibition in Perth. (ANI)
- Moscow to host Michael Jackson's photo exhibition - Nov 22, 2011
- 'Indian Highway' presents art of transition, growth in India to world: Curators - Jul 26, 2012
- When photographs speak the language of art (With Image) - Mar 21, 2011
- Bangladesh's toxic waters captured in photo-essay (With Images, Feature) - Jun 10, 2012
- National Archives tell India's Independence story (With Image) - Aug 15, 2010
- Lady Gaga to help expand Polaroid range - again - Jan 03, 2011
- Gaga designs Polaroid printer - Sep 16, 2011
- Santiniketan through a historic photographers' lens - Oct 11, 2011
- Muslim women creating new artscape (Feature) - Sep 14, 2011
- NGMA brings new age art stalwart Rebecca Horn to India (With Images) - Apr 05, 2012
- Swedish embassy to hold photography competition - Jun 18, 2012
- Tyeb Mehta, Khoj, Pakistani art to lead Christie's Asian sale (With Image) - May 30, 2012
- Artists, thinkers outraged over crackdown on gay lensman's work - Mar 28, 2012
- National Museum promises better maintenance and display - Dec 13, 2011
- Yoko Ono to bring multimedia art to India - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: degradation, eaton, fade to black, intimacy, judgement, loneliness, melbourne, metaphor, night stand, notion, perth, photographer, photographic exhibition, polaroid, sexual vulnerability, single man, solo exhibition, stranger, time frame, walking that line