Perry, Minogue shine at women of the year awardsJune 3rd, 2009 - 1:24 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 3 (IANS) American singer Katy Perry and Australian pop star Kylie Minogue bagged major honours at the Glamour Women of The Year Awards.
Contactmusic.com reports that Perry picked up the newcomer of the year prize, while Minogue claimed two trophies - entrepreneur of the year and woman of the year, at the ceremony held in London.
British pop band Girls Aloud also enjoyed a double win. They were named band of the year, and singer Cheryl Cole was awarded the TV personality of the year title for her stint as a judge of British talent show “The X Factor”.
- Cole admires Perry - Jun 22, 2012
- Cheryl Cole declared Woman of the Year - Jun 09, 2010
- Take That, Cheryl raise $27m for charity - Nov 21, 2010
- Nadine Coyle confirms Girls Aloud reunion - Jul 20, 2011
- Is Cheryl Cole On Board For U.S. X Factor? - Jan 26, 2011
- Katy Perry, Pixie Lott to be 'X Factor' guest judges - Jun 12, 2010
- Rowling tops celebrity businesswoman list - Nov 17, 2010
- Cheryl Cole crowned TV Personality of the Year - Jun 03, 2009
- Cheryl Cole says that she admires Lady Gaga - Dec 08, 2011
- Cheryl Cole to reunite with Girls Aloud for 2012 tour - Jun 01, 2011
- Simon Cowell: 'I think Cheryl Cole misses me' - Jan 25, 2012
- Firth most desirable celebrity neighbour - Feb 26, 2011
- Cheryl Cole doesn't like making plans - Apr 02, 2011
- Cheryl Cole has been approached for American Idol - May 24, 2012
- Kylie Minogue celebrates double honour win at Glamour Awards - Jun 03, 2009
Tags: american singer, australian pop star, band girls, british pop band, cheryl cole, entrepreneur, glamour women of the year awards, honours, june 3, kylie minogue, london, newcomer, stint, trophies, tv personality, woman of the year, women of the year, x factor