Pennsylvania school sued over ‘I (heart) boobies’ bracelet banNovember 16th, 2010 - 2:44 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 16 (ANI): A Pennsylvania school has been sued for banning ‘I (heart) boobies’ bracelets.
The American Civil Liberties Union says the Easton Area School District ban violates students’ First Amendment rights.
The suit filed Monday says two middle school students received in-school suspensions last month for wearing bracelets that say, “I (Heart) Boobies. Keep a Breast,” reports Fox News.
The ACLU says the bracelets are perhaps irreverent, but not indecent.
They are sold by a California non-profit to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer organizations. (ANI)
- Judges okays boobies bracelet in Pennsylvanian schools - Apr 14, 2011
- US Judge backs 'I (heart) boobies' bracelets in school - Apr 13, 2011
- US students defend decision to defy 'boobies' bracelets ban - Dec 17, 2010
- US school ban 'I [heart] boobies' bracelet supporting cancer foundation - Oct 16, 2010
- 'I [heart] Boobies' cancer bracelets cause mayhem in US schools - Sep 03, 2010
- American group joins fight for 500 Indian workers in US - Feb 22, 2011
- Lesbian student Constance McMillen awarded $35,000 as settlement over the cancellation of her prom - Jul 21, 2010
- US lesbian student wins right to wear tuxedo to senior school prom - Apr 02, 2011
- US girl sues school after officials access private naked pics from her mobile - Sep 22, 2010
- Pennsylvania high school under fire over Hitler quote in yearbook - Aug 27, 2010
- U.S. District Judge Says The Prom To Stay Cancelled But The Lesbian Teenager's Rights Infringed - Mar 24, 2010
- Easton Area High School Yearbook Features Quote By Adolf Hitler - Aug 27, 2010
- FBI sued over targeting Muslims for their religious beliefs - Feb 24, 2011
- Bigfoot film-maker sues US state over free speech - Mar 09, 2011
- Delhi schools join battle against tobacco - May 27, 2011
Tags: aclu, american civil liberties, american civil liberties union, boobies, breast cancer, breast cancer organizations, civil liberties union, easton area school, easton area school district, first amendment rights, fox news, heart, middle school students, pennsylvania school, school suspensions, students first amendment rights