Peeping Tom claims gender issues made him peek into women’s toilet cubicleAugust 18th, 2010 - 5:14 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Aug 18 (ANI): A waxing and fingernail salon owner in Australia has claimed that gender identity issues, which sometimes make him feel like a woman, made him peep into a women’s toilet cubicle.
In the District Court in Brisbane, Judge Michael Shanahan said Duy Hung Tran’s gender disorder could explain what he was doing in the women’s toilets but it did not explain his voyeurism, the Herald Sun reported.
He placed Tran on two years’ probation with special conditions he get treatment for his disorders and did not record a conviction.
Shanahan also noted that at the time Tran, 35, was on a probation order for a similar offence.
Tran pleaded guilty to making an observation in breach of privacy, on November 5, 2008.
Prosecutor Dennis Kinsella told the court at the time Tran and his wife ran a waxing and fingernail treatment salon at Burpengary, north of Brisbane.
He said Tran had access to the staff toilets and a woman, 18, noticed Tran follow her into them, and she then saw him looking at her over the top of the cubicle.
Barrister Scott Lynch, for Tran, said his client had gender and as well as sexual dysfunction problems, which were now being treated by a psychologist.
Lynch said Tran had previously completed probation and would benefit from more. (ANI)
- Doctor fired for being a Peeping Tom - Sep 20, 2011
- Man blames Viagra, wife's menopause for filming women in changing room - Jan 11, 2011
- Aussie woman charged with raping another woman - Nov 29, 2010
- Briton held for peeping into Chinese women swimmers changing room - Aug 15, 2012
- Peeping Tom Declan Crosbie sentenced for peeping into Olympic changing rooms - Aug 15, 2012
- Irish woman found guilty of raping another woman - Dec 03, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay to open beauty salon - Oct 03, 2011
- Irish female rapist told to get help for 'sexual aggression' - Feb 18, 2011
- Hairstyling the African way in Indian capital (With Image) - Apr 06, 2011
- Students expelled after Facebook campaign said they had sex - Jan 31, 2012
- Chinese woman gives birth in shopping mall - Jul 16, 2012
- A peeping tom who spied on women at yoga workshop - Jun 22, 2011
- Oz man 'forces sons to drink cleaning product as punishment' - Nov 23, 2010
- Nails, hair indicate booze intake over last 90 days - Jan 09, 2011
- Kelly Ripa unveils her wax statue in Madame Tussauds - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: burpengary, conviction, duy, gender identity issues, gender issues, herald sun, judge michael, kinsella, michael shanahan, offence, peek, peeping tom, probation, prosecutor, psychologist, salon owner, toilet cubicle, toilets, voyeurism, waxing