Peek a Boob bib for shy breastfeeding mumsJanuary 14th, 2008 - 5:27 pm ICT by admin
London , Jan 14 (ANI): For women who feel shy while breastfeeding their babies in public, theres a smart solution the Peek a Boob bib.
Invented by Sydney mum Cassandra James-Killer, Peek a Boob is an adult size bib for women who feel embarrassed while breastfeeding in public.
Aimed at women who feel uncomfortable exposing their breast in public, the fashionable adult-size bib has just been launched on the internet.
However, the bib has been deemed unnecessary by the Australian Breastfeeding Association.
James-Killer, 29, hairdresser by profession, was given a similar bib that her friends discovered in the US when she used to feel uncomfortable while feeding her 20 months old daughter Lilly, in the streets of Bondi.
“It gave me the confidence to feed in public . . . it can be hard at first and I didn’t want people to see me when something went wrong,” the Daily Telegraph quoted here, as saying.
She then redesigned the bib to suit the Australian market.
The bib has adjustable straps and sits over the mum and baby. With a rigid neck, it allows the mum and baby to see each other while providing a full cover from passers-by, who can only see a cloth.
Last year, changes to the law by the State Government, made it illegal to discriminate against women breastfeeding in public. (ANI)
- Half of new mums not comfy with breastfeeding in public - Jun 17, 2010
- 'Guilt-tripping women' into breastfeeding not effective: Study - Sep 16, 2010
- Flesh eating helped humans spread globally - Apr 19, 2012
- Breastfeeding in public 'embarrassing' for Gen Ys - Feb 03, 2010
- Oz mums divided over revival of breastfeeding each other's babies - Nov 02, 2010
- Breastfeeding women hold protest after abuse in cafe - Jul 05, 2012
- Latest trend in UK: News mums heading for boobs jobs soon after having babies - Mar 17, 2010
- Parenting magazine slammed for calling breastfeeding 'creepy' - Jun 27, 2010
- Nursing mothers more aggressive in defending babies - Sep 01, 2011
- One-third of Aussies believe mothers should not breastfeed in public - Aug 31, 2009
- Miranda Kerr defends breastfeeding picture - Feb 07, 2011
- Kerr encourages breastfeeding - Jan 26, 2011
- Kim Kardashian claims that her 'breastfeeding tweet' was misunderstood - Jun 22, 2010
- 'Hesitant' Brit mums urge celebs to breastfeed in public - Jul 08, 2009
- Surgeon General advises more breastfeeding - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: adjustable straps, adult size, australian breastfeeding association, babies, bib, bondi, breast, breastfeeding in public, cassandra, confidence, daily telegraph, hairdresser, lilly, london jan, peek a boob, profession, smart solution, state government, sydney