Peaceful demonstration against religious exclusivism during Popes UN addressApril 22nd, 2008 - 7:36 pm ICT by admin
New York, Apr 22 (ANI): The Forum for the Protection of Religious Pluralism held a peaceful demonstration outside the United Nations Headquarters during Popes address to UN on April 18.
A small group of people joined the demonstration to bring public awareness of religions that have been victimized by aggressive proselytization campaigns that are grounded in religious exclusivism.
The demonstrators carried placards with messages of how deceptive proselytizations destroys cultures, create hatred among families, communities and the countries.
The demonstration sought to highlight how the Catholic, Evangelical and Pentecostal Christian missionaries looking to increase their numbers at any cost.
These missionaries are having tremendous success in recruiting new converts by closely linking social services with deceptive and exploitative proselytizing.
The messages brought attention to sayings by Mahatma Gandhi calling the religious conversions conducted by missionaries as the deadliest poison that lethally destroys cultures of the world.
It also highlighted deceptive practices used by missionaries today. (ANI)
- Pope lumps "secularism" with "religious fundamentalism" - Dec 20, 2010
- Kathakali meets Christ: Holy Mass on stage - Jul 17, 2011
- New Yorkers protest outside Empire State Building for Mother Teresa snub on 100th birth anniversary - Aug 27, 2010
- Mother Teresa shelter razed in Moscow - Sep 20, 2011
- Unite to oppose gay marriage: Pope's envoy asks Muslims, Jews - Apr 28, 2012
- Online campaign to canonise Goan origin priest - Sep 16, 2010
- US Hindu leaders defend their meeting with Pope - Apr 16, 2008
- Pope's Lent message has similarities with ancient Hindu text Bhagavad-Gita - Feb 26, 2011
- Hindu statesman Zed wants Belgium to recognize Hinduism - Nov 22, 2010
- Ethiopia gay meet creates buzz on Facebook - Dec 03, 2011
- The Pope wants an Electric Popemobile - Dec 06, 2010
- Catholic TV Offers Shows In 3-D - Mar 24, 2010
- Fast, demonstration in Orissa to support Hazare - Apr 07, 2011
- Denmark people receptive to Hinduism - Nov 26, 2010
- Pope urges Christians to remain 'strong' following Egypt church blast - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: christian missionaries, cultures of the world, deceptive practices, demonstrators, hatred, mahatma gandhi, new converts, peaceful demonstration, pentecostal, poison, popes, public awareness, religious conversions, religious exclusivism, religious pluralism, sayings, small group, social services, united nations, united nations headquarters