PCB awaits ICL’s reply on its cricketersApril 7th, 2009 - 6:05 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, April 7 (IANS) The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is awaiting a reply from the Indian Cricket League (ICL) regarding the status of their players who had defected to the rebel Twenty20 league.
According to Daily Express, Pakistan’s Urdu-language daily, the board has written to ICL executive board chairman Kapil Dev asking whether the ICL has terminated the contracts of the Pakistani cricketers.
Several Pakistani ICL cricketers have claimed that they are no more associated with the league and are now keen to resume their international career.
Senior all-rounder Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan and Imran Nazir were Monday picked in a 30-man provisional squad for the World Twenty20 Championship to be played in England from June 5-21. But their selection in the final 15-man squad is subject to the clearance from the International Cricket Council (ICC).
The report said PCB’s legal experts have told the board management that the ICL cricketers cannot unilaterally quit the league without the consent of the ICL and that the lawyers have read the contracts of the players and believe that it is the ICL that has the right to keep or fire a player employed by it.
Pakistan is to name its final 15-man squad for the World Twenty20 Championship by May 5.
- PCB drops ICL rebels but keeps them on standby for World T20 - Apr 08, 2009
- PCB awards 'C' category central contract to Naved-ul-Hasan - Jul 24, 2009
- PCB requests ICC to replace Razzaq for injured Arafat - Jun 10, 2009
- Pakistan snubs ICL players for T20 World Cup - May 04, 2009
- Pakistan include Akmal in probables for Twenty20 World Cup - Feb 26, 2010
- Return of ICL players in Pak national team unlikely - Apr 14, 2009
- Faisal Iqbal signs contract with Bangladesh cricket for T20 league - Apr 09, 2010
- PCB, ICL players in deadlock over central contract - Apr 09, 2009
- PCB asks Rana Naved to submit fresh copy of ICL's NOC - Jun 04, 2009
- Three ICL players in Pakistan's T20 squad - Apr 06, 2009
- Pakistan include ICL masseur in national cricket team - Apr 13, 2009
- PCB allows Rana Naved to play in Bangladesh T20 - Mar 20, 2010
- Pakistan cricket board may waive 'cooling period' for ICL rebels - May 02, 2009
- Axed Razzaq confident of soon making a comeback - Aug 22, 2009
- Pakistan recall Kamran Akmal, Razzaq for World T20 - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: abdul razzaq, board management, contracts, cricket league, cricketers, daily express, executive board chairman, hasan, imran nazir, indian cricket, international career, international cricket council, kapil dev, legal experts, man squad, naved, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, reply, urdu language