Paul Burrells wifes outrage at his refusal to return to Di inquestMarch 8th, 2008 - 4:51 pm ICT by admin
London, March 8 (ANI): Princess Dianas ex butler Paul Burrells refusal to return to the ongoing inquest into her death has forced his wife to fly down from London to Florida for crisis talks over his shameless behaviour.
Burrell, who describes himself as Dianas rock, had been ordered to return to the London High Court from his Florida home by coroner Lord Justice Scott Baker after he was secretly taped confessing that he had not told the “whole truth” to the inquest.
However, the 49-year-old has until now refused to face perjury allegations, and is holed up in his Florida home.
This has compelled Burrells heartbroken wife Maria to fly more than 4,000 miles for crisis talks over his blatant lies to Princess Dianas inquest.
Maria is horrified and devastated at the way Paul has behaved. She is a devout Catholic and is feeling a huge amount of shame over this, The Sun quoted a family source, as saying.
She has pleaded with him to do the honourable thing and go back to explain himself to the inquest but he wont do it. While Maria says she will stand by her husband, she has told him in no uncertain terms that he has got to stop lying and cheating, the source added.
According to other family sources, Burrell is unrepentant and angry, and doesnt feel like he has to explain himself.
They say that he has refused to listen to Marias pleas for him to go back and face up to his actions.
Paul says he has no plans to go anywhere near Britain again. His life is in America now and he doesnt have to explain himself to the British public. He wants to carry on selling his furniture and wine in peace, a source said.
Burrell was secretly taped in New York boasting that he had deceived the inquest during his three days in the witness box with “a couple of red herrings”.
“Perjury is not a very nice thing to have to consider. I didn’t tell the whole truth. When you swear on oath you swear an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, Burrell said in the tape.
“I told the truth as far as I could. But I didn’t tell the whole truth. Do you honestly think I have told everyone everything I know? Of course I haven’t. I was very naughty and I laid a couple of red herrings.
I couldn’t help but do it. And I know you shouldn’t play with justice and I know it’s illegal. I realise how serious it is - but all through since the princess died I have measured what I have said gradually and carefully, he added.
Burrell has consequently denied lying to the inquest, saying that he made the comments in New York when he was “tired and depressed. (ANI)
- Paul Burrell wont be investigated for perjury during Di inquest - Mar 08, 2008
- Stalker threatens to kill Princess Diana's butler - Aug 20, 2012
- Princess Diana's former butler 'wants to patch up with William' - Nov 22, 2010
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Prince William preparing to wed Kate Middleton, says Diana's former butler - Aug 15, 2010
- Di's ex-butler to be joined by wife in Florida? - Jan 02, 2010
- Dis ex-butler Paul Burrell escapes perjury probe - May 10, 2008
- Dis former butler Burrell may face perjury probe - Mar 07, 2008
- Gingrich says no hypocrisy behind blaming Bill Clinton and not himself for marital infidelity - Mar 28, 2011
- Burrell trying to wriggle out of grilling at Di inquest - Mar 03, 2008
- Princess Di has concluded her death was a 'well-planned accident': Psychic - Aug 31, 2010
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- Dis former butler Paul Burrell could now face perjury inquiry - Apr 08, 2008
- Scotland Yard to probe Dis ex butler Paul Burrell over perjury - Apr 09, 2008
- Paul Burrell to be subject of comedy biopic? - Apr 07, 2009
Tags: burrell, burrells, coroner, crisis talks, family source, family sources, honourable thing, inquest, london high court, london march, lord justice, nice thing, perjury, princess dianas, scott baker, uncertain terms, whole truth, wife maria, wifes, witness box