Paul Burrell still exploiting Diana’s name for gainJune 8th, 2009 - 2:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 8 (ANI): Former royal butler Paul Burrell is again trying to cash in on Princess Diana’s name, as he has sent a creepy message to his American fans.
Florida-based Burrell has already faced widespread hostility in Britain for cynically exploiting his past association with the late Princess of Wales.
And he has now posted his first statement of the year on his website, in which he paid tribute to the American public, and once again plugged his commercial activities using Diana’s name.
“Thank you - they are two small words which mean so much and people don’t say them often enough these days, the Princess would often say,” the Daily Express quoted him as saying on the site.
He added: “I have always been greatly encouraged by letters and e-mails. Thank you for your continuous words of support and for sharing with me your thoughts and special memories.”
The 50-year-old Butler had been into hiding after being humiliated by a Channel 4 documentary earlier this year, featuring his former lover Greg Pead.
In the programme, it was alleged that Burrell was briefly suspended as a footman in the early Eighties after being implicated in a gay porn ring on the Royal Yacht Britannia.
Since long, speculation has been rife about the state of his relationship with wife Maria-the mother of his sons Nicholas and Alexander.
Although he personally made millions out of his past association with the Princess, Burrell has insisted that he can empathise with Americans.
He said: “This rollercoaster life of emotions isn’t easy, especially in these hard economic times. I am only too aware of that as I travel through America and visit people from many states.” (ANI)
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Princess Dis ex-butler Paul Burrell fears his U.S. career is in jeopardy - Jan 21, 2009
- Princess Diana's former butler 'wants to patch up with William' - Nov 22, 2010
- Prince William preparing to wed Kate Middleton, says Diana's former butler - Aug 15, 2010
- Stalker threatens to kill Princess Diana's butler - Aug 20, 2012
- When a footman got a Valentine's card from Diana - Feb 14, 2012
- Burrell 'plans to appear in documentary to clear his name' - Jun 23, 2009
- Princess Di has concluded her death was a 'well-planned accident': Psychic - Aug 31, 2010
- Di's ex-butler to be joined by wife in Florida? - Jan 02, 2010
- Will-Kat fly out of palace, honeymoon destination a secret - Apr 30, 2011
- Paul Burrell to be subject of comedy biopic? - Apr 07, 2009
- Princess Diana's life to be made into a movie - Feb 06, 2012
- Princess Di's butler fails to find buyers for UK house and shop - Dec 07, 2009
- Royal 'superfan' starts 3-day vigil to bag prime spot for Royal Wedding - Apr 27, 2011
- Anna Hathaway spoofs Kate Middleton on SNL - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: american fans, channel 4, daily express, documentary, economic times, eighties, emotions, footman, former lover, hostility, late princess of wales, paul burrell, pead, porn ring, princess diana, princess of wales, royal yacht britannia, special memories, speculation, wife maria